Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 6 hours after I put it in my comp it started doing wierd things in games... Like I am seeing blackness at menus and white blocks where things should be and all sorts of wierd stuff... I have not even tried to overclock it yet anyone know what is wrong
!

More info: I use Winxp home, the card is not overclocked, not overheating, I use the 2642 Omega drivers... It was working fine for about 6 hours... core = 500 mem = 351, which is what it started at.

Edit: Is this what they call artifacting? Some stuff appearing black... or white... Or as blocks or just poor quality in general... But some things are fine...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zZealoT

About 6 hours after I put it in my comp it started doing wierd things in games... Like I am seeing blackness at menus and white blocks where things should be and all sorts of wierd stuff... I have not even tried to overclock it yet anyone know what is wrong
!

More info: I use Winxp home, the card is not overclocked, not overheating, I use the 2642 Omega drivers... It was working fine for about 6 hours... core = 500 mem = 351, which is what it started at.

Edit: Is this what they call artifacting? Some stuff appearing black... or white... Or as blocks or just poor quality in general... But some things are fine...

So you tried using the omega drivers first when you first installed the 9600XT? If so, try the catalyst drivers on the ATI website. Oh and did you make sure you uninstalled the old drivers you had on your computer before you installed the 9600XT? Try using different drivers and use driver cleaner pro when uninstalling old drivers before installing the new ones.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacman

what the big diference with the omega drivers and ati ones??
try installing the ati drivers and see if the problem still exists...

not sure but for me the ati drivers would not work correclty on my system..very weird...it would do random reboots and freeze...

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
They are modded drivers for OC'ing. They also come with their own overclocking program and extra display options. A great driver.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I am trying all those things people have said, btw is there a program I can get to monitor the temp of my card? I thought 9600XT had that capability?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I tried lowering the memory but to no avail. So I removed the Omega drivers, reset, then use driver cleaner and installed the latest ATI Catalyst drivers. Everything seems to work 100% fine now... Which is good ^^ Except I wonder why the omega ones stopped working? It used to be that the ATI ones caused my comp to crash so I had no other choice but the Omega ones but now it appears to be the other way round. Oh and Jeremy the thing is, in the ATI tools the temperature part is grey so I cannot touch it, but I was under the impression that the 9600XT could have that option on? o_O

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Not necessarily. I have a 9600PRO and my friend has the 9800XT. Neither of us have the ability to monitor temps. There is no sensor on our cards, so no temps can be displayed. Only certain cards are compatible, but if you are compatible open the ATI tool and its right there below the Max GPU and Mem settings buttons.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by J3r3my

My 9600XT had temp monitering.

Mine as well, just use Everest Home Edition to monitor the GPU.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts