Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... because I can't OC my effing box any higher than 2.3Ghz without problems.

Freaking stepping CG A64
Lanparty UT nF3 250Gb
OCZ Gold PC466

It does not matter id I use the older Raidmax psu or the X-connect, it is the same crap.

What the hell am I doing wrong before I sell the whole lot and get myself a freaking Mac!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
lol....dont go that far...! but maybe u just got a really crappy cpu. i dun think its the mobo, but hell, i dunno. u cant tell unless u replace

·
Registered
262 Posts
Try throwing in an 80 Watt Tec between the waterblock and chip. I bet you might get some more out of it, also are you sure your ram's not limiting you?? I had problems when I didn't have my tec, like no x9 multiplier on <240fsb, but now up to 256 after Tec.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullyveldt

Try throwing in an 80 Watt Tec between the waterblock and chip. I bet you might get some more out of it, also are you sure your ram's not limiting you?? I had problems when I didn't have my tec, like no x9 multiplier on <240fsb, but now up to 256 after Tec.

I'm getting 32C idle... I do not think I really need a TEC. The only thing I have not tried is the Oskar bios, but the disk came damaged, so I do not have a flashing utility.

Anyone want to attach it to an email and send it to me?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Just do the bootable Diamond Flash thing, just as easy. There's a possibility the chip just won't do anymore, or maybe you've got a junk board.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

err there's a link floating around here somewhere...
I THINK this is it...

Yep, I have the link, but there are Oskars all the way to 10/15. I'll use this one. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slow'puter

Yep, I have the link, but there are Oskars all the way to 10/15. I'll use this one. Thanks.

I can vouch for the 9/14 version, I've been using them since I got my rig and they gave me a nice overclock and overall good stability so I havent upgraded to the later ones.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

I can vouch for the 9/14 version, I've been using them since I got my rig and they gave me a nice overclock and overall good stability so I havent upgraded to the later ones.

yea the 9/14 seem to be the best I have tried them all

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Evil, check the file name and make sure I gave him the right one

I dont know, but here is the right file just in case. You're file name looks like the official.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

I dont know, but here is the right file just in case. You're file name looks like the official.

Good man, Evil... wait...never mind...

Thanks. I'm on the laptop right now, the thumb drive is getting full as I get files to the main rig. As soon as I can locate the flashing utility (my cd is damaged, my mistake... and the dog's) I'll be dealing with it.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
get an intel motherbored for quality and not worry about this.
. and when u say about ocing, u can overclock a video card but not processor. I dont oc processors atleast.
Here comes the mad remarks.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slow'puter

Good man, Evil... wait...never mind...

Thanks. I'm on the laptop right now, the thumb drive is getting full as I get files to the main rig. As soon as I can locate the flashing utility (my cd is damaged, my mistake... and the dog's) I'll be dealing with it.

Download Winflash Here

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 6600Gt1047

get an intel motherbored for quality and not worry about this.
. and when u say about ocing, u can overclock a video card but not processor. I dont oc processors atleast.
Here comes the mad remarks.

Intel mobo for an AMD CPU?
I think some one is a "little" off...

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
lol that would be the day... Intel makes an AMD motherboard and AMD make's an Intel processor

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

lol that would be the day... Intel makes an AMD motherboard and AMD make's an Intel processor

Haha, you got status already
. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
I would say if you have been trying to OC with the stock BIOS its probabley why your OC is not very high.

The stock BIOS has some thermal throttling errors so if you try and turn it off like you should do when your OCing it will start to make the CPU unstable and actually throttle down for no reason.

Anywas once you have flashed I say print out the thread linked in my SIG... Give you all the info of what to turn off in BIOS what to change for best stable results and has a good table on what CPU VID Special to set for certain Volts to CPU.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts