Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a Archon on my 2600k. Right now Im running it at stock speeds. What sort of temps should I be seeing?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Depends on what your ambient/room temperatures are, no one can tell you what temps you should be getting without that.

·
Registered
472 Posts
that's seem high for stock clocks for sure
do you now your ambient temps?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkeeyee
View Post

that's seem high for stock clocks for sure
do you now your ambient temps?

No. How would I figure them out?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i dont think my thermostat is accurate. im guessing its probably 73-77f in here. lol. you telling me overclockers just use their household thermostat to get their ambient temps?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arsinek
View Post

well i dont think my thermostat is accurate. im guessing its probably 73-77f in here. lol. you telling me overclockers just use their household thermostat to get their ambient temps?

I have a little digital clock that I just have displaying the ambient in the room haha

·
Registered
472 Posts
anyways I had 72-75 with D14 and [email protected] with ambiet 30-31C

so yours temps is really high...I would say too much TIM? did you screw archon hard enough?

·
How many volts!?
3,430 Posts
Just overclock it and see if the temps get better
rolleyes.gif

Just kidding, but yeah, sounds like too much TIM or a improper seat of HSF. I'd suggest taking it off, cleaning it, and reapplying just a THIN line of TIM and reseating your cooler brahbrah.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well one thing I just noticed was I had Asus's TPU and EPU switches on the mobo turned on. I think my cpu may have been running at 4.4ghz. But only sometimes? I cant tell what the thing is running at as cpuz shows the core speed as constantly fluctuating. Core voltage also fluctuates. Is this normal?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, I turned the tpu and epu off. Looked around about fluctuating core clocks, it appears it might be load-line calibration. So when I run prime95 voltage and clock now hover around 1.168v and 3.512g. Now highest core temp is 55. But I havent run prime95 for long. How long does prime have to run before temps max out?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Give it 10-30 mins

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep. So now it seems to be running at stock speed, 3.5g, max temp 55c. This is without 1 side panel on though, got to put that back.

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsinek;15324379
Put a cheap digital cooking thermometer on the desk and let it register.

·
Premium Member
6,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtCheese;15325850
I have a little digital clock that I just have displaying the ambient in the room haha
Same here.

Sit's a bit off to the side of my monitor so that the temp of the screen won't affect it much.

Those temps are a bit high for a stock CPU. I think you need to check your case airflow or try torquing down the heatsink a bit more. If those two things fail then I would say reseat the heatsink with fresh paste.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts