Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off ive been buying razer nagas since they released, have owned every version from original to molten to 2014 and now the chroma.

Anyways for the first time ever i decided to do an RMA as i have a backup mouse to use this time (another old naga that sort of works ). There is literally zero way to initiate an RMA online btw, the CS rep confirmed that. So after i give all the details and such and forward the purchase receipt the guy says they out of stock of my mouse and wanted to offer me the 51 dollars that i spent at dell to get it, i told them that wouldnt do me any good as that wont even cover the price of one of their entry level mice on their store. First off how is their 2nd most popular mouse out of stock, you can literally buy that mouse at target its so popular. Anyways so the guy comes back and actually offers me a razer naga epic chroma which is the same mouse but wireless (130 dollar mouse), of course i accepted it rather than 50 dollars of store credit but unsure how a gaming wireless mouse can fare these days.

So rambling aside, has anyone in here owned a naga epic chroma? I initially asked the guy for a razer naga trinity as that has the new optical sensor but it was out of stock.

TLDR: Razer stuff breaks but support can be an ok experience if you tell them you are going to buy a corsair mouse :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
wireless mice are getting really good, razer naga is c tier though not nearly as good as g900 the new mamba etc. I woulda waited for the trinity to get in stock.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wireless mice are getting really good, razer naga is c tier though not nearly as good as g900 the new mamba etc. I woulda waited for the trinity to get in stock.
I actually asked him if he knew when they would be getting more in he had no idea, if anything i can just sell the naga epic and buy trinity on newegg i guess lol.

·
Slurpee Addict
394 Posts
I have a naga epic chroma .and have had nothing but problems with it since i got it and since i lost the reciept .. razor won't do an rma .. so.... screw it

·
Registered
554 Posts
I wonder if they would have offered you a Naga Trinity, since it is actually the current variant of the Naga. It actually has a decent sensor, unlike all of the other nagas.

·
Registered
714 Posts
First off how is their 2nd most popular mouse out of stock, you can literally buy that mouse at target its so popular.
Supply chain operations are complicated. They probably don't stock/restock their store that often if they do most of their distribution through suppliers. It's never as simple as "well this store has it so why don't you?" unless Razer has corporate owned B&M stores.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Supply chain operations are complicated. They probably don't stock/restock their store that often if they do most of their distribution through suppliers. It's never as simple as "well this store has it so why don't you?" unless Razer has corporate owned B&M stores.
It's more than likely because the naga chroma is now a few years old and Razer doesn't manufacture it anymore since it has been replaced by the naga Trinity. I'm guessing they had some of the old epic chromas left since they were way more expensive, had issues, and not as many people bought them.

OP if they haven't sent you the epic chroma yet, call them back and tell them you want a Naga Trinity, they definitely have stock, it has a lower price than the epic chroma and it's a much better mouse.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you read the posts, i tried to get a trinity first.....it was also out of stock lol. It was either 51 dollars to spend in their store or the epic chroma.

Its just incredible to me how poor razer CS is, even tho the guy agreed to send me a more expensive mouse what about the 10,000 other people with broken nagas lol? If i wasnt so into mmo's i would have never bought a razer mouse, literally the worst quality peripherals ive ever owned.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ya i guess i never really thought of it that way, and is it confirmed the trinity is replacing the naga chroma? They are at least 40 dollars apart in price.

·
Registered
554 Posts
If you read the posts, i tried to get a trinity first.....it was also out of stock lol. It was either 51 dollars to spend in their store or the epic chroma.

Its just incredible to me how poor razer CS is, even tho the guy agreed to send me a more expensive mouse what about the 10,000 other people with broken nagas lol? If i wasnt so into mmo's i would have never bought a razer mouse, literally the worst quality peripherals ive ever owned.
Wow, I have no idea how I missed that, sorry! lol. But it is odd that they said it's out of stock (trinity), when you can clearly see on their own site that it's in stock. Something tells me they weren't being completely honest and just wanted to unload old epics.

Though this level of customer service should not really be a surprise from a company that literally forces people to use beta (in their own words) software for a brand new product. Synapse 3, which is the only software you can use for mice like the trinity and the newer mice, is still in beta 6 months after release. Not to mention if you have any devices older than that, you are forced to use 2 different versions of Synapse at the same time (as if one wasn't bad enough) because the old devices (even ones that are still currently on the market) are not compatible with 3. It's quite a cluster.

I'm right there with you, if I didn't play MMOs I wouldn't use any of their products (I use an orbweaver/tartarus v2 and naga trinity). But unfortunately they are the only game in town and have me over a barrel.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
You might be able to make do with the Logitech G502. Not as many buttons, but still lots of them. More ergonomic, buttons are easier to reach, better clicks, better software. The list goes on.

·
Registered
6,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So i got the mouse today and have used it about 8 hours, ya dont think ill ever go back to a corded mouse lol. When i took it out of the package it had 61% battery life, ive been playing destiny 2 for at least 6 of that 8 hours and its only down to 53%.....color me impressed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts