Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/1ii299/kim_rom_exsteel_series_is_the_new_head_of_esports/cb50tj1

input?

I'm a little irritated that he can't refute any of my arguments with specific objective replies. I think it's a huge cop out to say "the sensei won tournaments" as refuting my objection to it not being the best tracking mouse out there by a long shot. Anyways, mods delite if inappropriate, but I thought it would be interesting for you to see. It's not often I see kimRom interacting with the users unless there is a product that needs hyping before release.
rolleyes.gif

·
Banned
504 Posts
Why bother? He made a concious decision to put an inferior sensor into a mouse meant for e-sport and his only retort is ''it won tournaments'' and that it was the best choice of sensor. just dead it. you're not going to change the mind of delusion POS which will constantly lie. He hasn't said a single name of the people which take 6 to 9 month to get used to their mouse (LOL) and you can't call him out as ''I know x amount of people that took so and so long'' because he clearly will use a bull**** excuse anyway. He's proud that people could get used to an ambidextrous mouse in a short amount of time. No, he's proud PRO GAMERS could. jesus christ the guy is a complete idiot.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah that guy goes around on websites like this one and asks gamers and mice experts for their input on mice. Then he takes that input so the company can consistently make mice that go in the complete opposite direction because it's more profitable for them. He really is like a used car salesman and is completely full of ****. They have the nerve to pass off major flaws like acceleration in the sensor as marketable features too. Once people posted about the positive accel they updated their site and marketed the accel as a desirable feature. Bottom line, don't buy anything that is Steelseries.

·
►¿¿¿
2,272 Posts
Hes in PR, its basicly his job to lie and slither out of saying anything truthful, or answer a question straight up.
Any pro gamer that tested their stuff, and didnt speak up about it, basicly just sold out - props to skylit for telling them to take a hike when they asked him about the Kana v2
wink.gif

·
Registered
213 Posts
The only thing SteelSeries got right with their mice is the shape, and that's because the pro players had an input on it. Everything else the company had to decide, from the sensors being used, the switches, the lens, the feet has been a failure. I'm using the SS Kana at the moment, and the only reason I have been using this mouse is because of shape. I have played with this mouse for a while and let me tell you, even after months of using it I still hate the switches, the sensor, the unbalanced polling rate, the big side buttons as I did on the first day of using it. Unfortunately I cannot find a mouse the shape and coating that is more suitable to me than the SS Kana white version.

I feel in general shape is the most important aspect of the mouse. I have tried using the Deathadder for instance and despite its great sensor, I really can't aim half as well with that mouse as I do with the Kana.
I think shape of the mouse plays a huge role in how someone develops their aim. I remember when SeriousGaming forced Cypher to use the Deathadder, as a claw gripper he couldn't adapt to the mouse and his aim started to suck. He switched quickly.

The sad part is the reason SteelSeries pulled these cheap moves like with the Kana and Kinzu V2 is because they could. They specifically choose cheap components with good shapes because they knew they had no competition in that department.
But now many gaming companies are starting to actually listen to some requests and use good sensors. SteelSeries saw the potential and that they were losing customer base to companies like Zowie, CM and Razer. Razer actually in some regards has been steadily improving, while SteelSeries I feel is getting worse.

I hope they do a good job with the Kana V2 and their future mice, but as far as the company SteelSeries goes they are as dishonest as they come. They pose as some hardcore company that listens to the need of gamers and that they are all about basics and good execution, while in reality they abused the need of gamers for classic mice, and once they released their inferior products they used the pro gaming scene to develop an image that they were the tools to be used while in fact the mice were bad.

·
Mehehe!
2,781 Posts
Agree with you on the shape. Slapping a 3090 with a proper firmware in a Sensei shape would be icing on the cake imo.

But alas... Bst oh Bst, where are thou.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptBE View Post

Agree with you on the shape. Slapping a 3090 with a proper firmware in a Sensei shape would be icing on the cake imo.

But alas... Bst oh Bst, where are thou.
I think the Kana v2 is better than BST's mouse.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Shape/Preference > Sensor

Besides sensor performance on other top market mice, they have some serious other flaws, e.g. the Zowie FK, bad dpi intervals, true dpi varies, lens ruins the sensor, mouse feet suck, to tiny for most palm grip players, can't hold a stable hertz, reported input lag?

Some of the people that post on this forum are absolute jokers, the quality of a sensor means only so much, why don't you take a look at the big picture and stop being so ******ed, I get so sick of defending SteelSeries I feel like a bloody poster boy for them but some of you people are just idiots.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by superior View Post

Besides sensor performance on other top market mice, they have some serious other flaws, e.g. the Zowie FK, bad dpi intervals, true dpi varies, lens ruins the sensor, mouse feet suck, to tiny for most palm grip players, can't hold a stable hertz, reported input lag?

Some of the people that post on this forum are absolute jokers, the quality of a sensor means only so much, why don't you take a look at the big picture and stop being so ******ed, I get so sick of defending SteelSeries I feel like a bloody poster boy for them but some of you people are just idiots.
With respect, it doesn't seem like you have been following the discussions much. I do agree that shape is important, but whether shape or sensor is more important to you is completely subjective. The discussion at hand is regarding nothing but sensor performance.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Quote:

KimRom, blainemono, is that you?

·
Registered
365 Posts
I played few months with good a9500 sensor that works great on cloth and its still accel bad for flickshots, and its considerably laggier than a3060.(both mice have same shape).
Unless shape is very bad for you then sensor>shape.

Kim Rom il
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The Mionix Naos 3200 uses the 3060 with 3080 firmware, which I imagine is what he was using because it's mostly identical to the Naos 5000.

And are you really expecting anything different from the guy who said he would prioritize fabric sheathing for the cable over Omron main switches?

Recently got a sensei raw, that thing's going back. Haven't noticed any difference with the sensor vs my CM spawn so far but I don't get the ergonomics. If you keep your pinky straight, you have a pressure point, if you claw grip, you're contantly pressing the pinky side buttons. My experience with it makes me think a out trying a taipan, or at least it would if Razer or Avago or whoever hadn't managed to make a middling sensor worse.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

KimRom, blainemono, is that you?
What the hell is your problem guy? Because I wrote a review which I point out almost all flaws of Zowie FK you accuse me of being some Steelseries guy? Maybe check your stuff before making such posts? In my whole 6 post history you can find that I wrote that Steelseries lies to their customers (XAI 1 increments DPI which is bs). Not to mention I would never recommend any of current Steelseries mouse to anyone because they have tons of useless features and sensors in their mice are laser gimmicks with acceleration. Also their marketing is almost as ridiculous as Razer.

In fact I'm going to do the exact same thing and call you a Zowie employee. Because if you aren't, how ridiculous is false accusing some guy based on one critical review with OBJECTIVE flaws (and postive features too in fact). I took my time to write that so other people knew what they are walking into because up to the point I posted in that 100-page thread page there wasn't even one information about unstable polling Zowie mice have, only praises about the shape which many posters claimed "is perfect but makes my hand cramp after few hours" which is the most ridiculous thing I've seen. Now maybe try actually addressing the review (if you can) instead of making ****ty conspiracy theories.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
@blainemono

http://www.overclock.net/t/1351759/zowie-fk/1240_20#post_20581240

Wow! You must be an American... I was making a joke about Superior's comment. It was very much like yours and Kim's.

Mouse feet can be changed. LOD can be raised with the correct mouse pad. Shape and size are two different things. Depending on your grip style it could be to small or just right. The polling rate does spike sometimes on the 500Hz setting but it isn't crazily spiking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Quote:

@blainemono

http://www.overclock.net/t/1351759/zowie-fk/1240_20#post_20581240

Wow! You must be an American... I was making a joke about Superior's comment. It was very much like yours and Kim's.
I'm from Europe (not that it matters). I don't find that joke funny at all, in fact I'm sure it wasn't a joke at all but you are backing off now when caught with your pants down. And Superior seems to like Steelseries mice- I don't. I don't see any similarity except we both think Zowie FK is very, very overrated.
Quote:

@blainemono
Mouse feet can be changed. LOD can be raised with the correct mouse pad. Shape and size are two different things. Depending on your grip style it could be to small or just right. The polling rate does spike sometimes on the 500Hz setting but it isn't crazily spiking.
Mice feet can be changed but each 0.1mm you add to the default DESTROYES Zowie FK's tracking on any black cloth pad, icemat or any non- red surface for that matter. So basicly what you are saying is that a PERFECT mouse according to most posts in Zowie FK thread works on 2 on 1000 mousepads on the market and "does spike sometimes on the 500Hz setting but it isn't crazily spiking". I'm sorry but even ****ty Steelseries and Razer mice not to mention cheap, reliable mice like for example Logitech g100s or Razer Abyssus don't do that and work on every mousepad on the market. In the ambidexterous, small mice department Zowie is complete garbage compared to both those mice (unless all you care is build quality).

Hope you get banned for false accusation and the American remark.

·
Mouse reviewer
3,097 Posts
Quote:

To me both are important, I can't play well with a A9500 mouse. And those flaws are not really flaws, they are mere preference (like dpi steps, mouse feet, size), hearsay (input lag, lens ruins sensor) or apply to all mice in general (true dpi varies). About the unstable Hz see below

Quote:
Originally Posted by blainemono View Post

Mice feet can be changed but each 0.1mm you add to the default DESTROYES Zowie FK's tracking on any black cloth pad, icemat or any non- red surface for that matter. So basicly what you are saying is that a PERFECT mouse according to most posts in Zowie FK thread works on 2 on 1000 mousepads on the market and "does spike sometimes on the 500Hz setting but it isn't crazily spiking". I'm sorry but even ****ty Steelseries and Razer mice not to mention cheap, reliable mice like for example Logitech g100s or Razer Abyssus don't do that and work on every mousepad on the market. In the ambidexterous, small mice department Zowie is complete garbage compared to both those mice (unless all you care is build quality).
I always considered myself picky about mice (hence I own(ed) a lot) but my FK simply works like a charm. I only tried 2 mousepads, the NP+ and the PureTrak Talent, both worked absolutely fine. The only downside I see on the FK is the max tracking speed which is lower than on the competitors but still good enough for me. And as I asked before: What is the problem with unstable Hz if you can't feel a difference in cursor behaviour? Mine isn't even spiking that much at 500 Hz, at least it never goes higher than that. And I find it funny that you mention the Abyssus as a positive example because that mouse really caused me trouble in terms of mousefeet and cursor stability. Otherwise I would be gaming with it probably.

I think your bashing of the FK and those that like it is unjustified because you base it solely on your experience with one mouse. User experience varies, and I don't think people here get paid to hype the FK, they simply like it the way it is or hate it the way it is. No conspiracies.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts