Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it seems to never fail period...I'm skeptical.

I have been on stock clocks for a while on suspicion of their instability so I'm gonna OC my 5850 again.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I still use it for just about everything...even to overclock the IGP on my laptop LOL. Nothing gets hotter.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I personally stay away from furmark unless I like to stare at a furry donut.

Just use GPUtool, it will detect artifacts and then game for a few hours with vsync off or so that the game is really stressing your GPU and see if it crashes.

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
MSI Kombustor is the best for 5 series cards I have found.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hard that the 5 series doesn't artifact, is this true?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Z Overlord View Post
I hard that the 5 series doesn't artifact, is this true?
Completely false.

Ive seen mine artifact a lot at too high of clocks and GPUtool quickly detects artifacts that your eye may not notice usually.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I like to freak out my dad with the 'big moldy bloody doughnut'

I hear OCCT is good as well, but I haven't personally used it. Some people use heaven to est stability, but imo, you need a bit more than that.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And how long of running it would it take to artifact? And what temps are unacceptable? I know for gpu but how do I figure out all those other stuff's temps?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
I would run GPU tool for 30minutes and see if it catches any artifacts. Then play games for maybe two to three hours to test long time stability.

IDK much about temps but you really need to watch the VRM temps, they can get hot but if they are too hot it can kill your whole card.

My VRM's never get over 70C but I have heard people having theres at 100C and being fine. I personally don't trust over 90C for them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts