Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow did i grossly overpay for it, had to get the black edition was the only one i could be sure to get the computer before my vacation for xmas, this is the most i ever paid for a GPU by far.

As a matter a fact its so bad part of me wants to cancel the order...its so bad i don't think i can bring myself to actually typing the number for fear you will all point at me and laugh =x

This and all the doom and gloom reports about the card overheating and throttling down have me a little down.

I need someone to make me feel better about my purchase. I should be psyched its finally going to get here not feeling conflicted.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by MIGhunter View Post
Ya,, I'm waiting till they fix that problem. Especially since they are showing that 3 5770s for $500 are beating it.
I considered it but 1GB of ram, plus i would need to change my board and i like this one

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liability View Post
Waste of money... A single 5870 will handle anything on the market... Hell, even a 5850.

Good for epeen, though.
Yeah if you can manage to find one, i overpaid because i have 2 weeks off for xmas. I desperately need a PC gaming fix!!!

I sold my old rig 6 months ago because i had saved up for a new one... was a good plan until all my stuff decided to start breaking, had to buy a new bed, stove, fridge and TV the last 6 months instead of a computer.

Part of me wants to get a GTS 250 and wait for prices to return to normal with fermi but that means waiting 3-5 months? Not exactly my first choice.

·
GTX 1080 Ti Club
1,783 Posts
$700 for a piece of plastic
. It's what happens when you just have too much money...

·
Banned
2,220 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BounouGod View Post
Yeah if you can manage to find one, i overpaid because i have 2 weeks off for xmas. I desperately need a PC gaming fix!!!

I sold my old rig 6 months ago because i had saved up for a new one... was a good plan until all my stuff decided to start breaking, had to buy a new bed, stove, fridge and TV the last 6 months instead of a computer.

Part of me wants to get a GTS 250 and wait for prices to return to normal with fermi but that means waiting 3-5 months? Not exactly my first choice.
Honestly, you're going to be bottlenecked by your VRAM. You still only have 1 GB of VRAM. It's not a lot for 2560x1600.

A 2GB 5850 or 5870 would have been much better.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
hahaha wow guys he wants us to make him feel better about the purchase not crappier.

personally bro I think you should be psyched. you will officially have the fastest graphics card in the entire world for a good amount of time before it is defeated. ponder that for a moment...........prrrretty coooool

when you actually get to sit down and bask in its glory you will be

enjoy it

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by fencefeet View Post
hahaha wow guys he wants us to make him feel better about the purchase not crappier.

personally bro I think you should be psyched. you will officially have the fastest graphics card in the entire world for a good amount of time before it is defeated. ponder that for a moment...........prrrretty coooool

when you actually get to sit down and bask in its glory you will be

enjoy it

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
You can tell your friends that your's is 12" long.

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GSingh
View Post

Take copies of the receipt and plaster them all over your fridge, bed, etc. that you had to buy. Be all like 'U GUIS R THE RZN Y I PAID SOOOOO MUCH FUR DIS *****' and then they'll cry. That'll teach 'em

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Quote:

View Post

hahahaha

all of your friends will go
and then
because the girls will
and want to take
as you

after that you will be all like
and

and then
and
at the other dudes'

• Rep+
Reactions: Inktfish

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Please tell me that you didn't buy the one on ebay for $950. There's seriously no advantage over the black edition other than the cool logo on the card and the cooler name.

Quote:

View Post

5970 is 13.5 inches long.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dilyn
View Post

Take copies of the receipt and plaster them all over your fridge, bed, etc. that you had to buy. Be all like 'U GUIS R THE RZN Y I PAID SOOOOO MUCH FUR DIS *****' and then they'll cry. That'll teach 'em

LOL!!! That is too awesome.

Seriously, that baby is sweeeeeeeeeeet! I can only dream of such things. Although, I AM going to be nabbing a 5870 in a couple months here.

Be excited. You made a purchase other people can only imagine.

·
Registered
394 Posts
nice amd pc.I believe you have bought the best video card.congratulations!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke
View Post

Please tell me that you didn't buy the one on ebay for $950. There's seriously no advantage over the black edition other than the cool logo on the card and the cooler name.

5970 is 13.5 inches long.

No, i got it from NCIX.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts