Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Packard case.

So, ppl told my my old case was a toaster on here... And it turns out that toaster runs alot cooler then this false advertised Cooler Master Product. Cooler Master my butt, a hewlett packard case that came out 6 years ago runs cooler then this haf turd 912 junky case.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Where do you keep your system? I mean, is it in a deskhole? How much breathing room does it have?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Deskholes are very bad. Take it out and the temperatures should plummet.

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
More fans, better ventilation, good room cooling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Chief
View Post

Should have bought a real case.

Is the 912 a fake case? Is it just a cardboard cutout designed to look like a case? It sure fooled me.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHoleSon
View Post

More fans, better ventilation, good room cooling.

Is the 912 a fake case? Is it just a cardboard cutout designed to look like a case? It sure fooled me.

Nah, he owns a Lian-Li.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

Deskholes are very bad. Take it out and the temperatures should plummet.

I cant the cords don't reach out that far. Plus, my hewlett packard case breathed fine in there. And It was 14c less at 3.7ghz! Now this crap case I got runs as hot as 50-52c at 3.7ghz on idle. What a total joke.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IlovetheChosenone
View Post

I cant the cords don't reach out that far. Plus, my hewlett packard case breathed fine in there. And It was 14c less at 3.7ghz! Now this crap case I got runs as hot as 50-52c at 3.7ghz on idle. What a total joke.

It's not the case! It's because it's in an enclosed area! The case itself is fine when it's not used in an enclosed area like that. Am I the first person to discover that you keep your rig in an enclosed area like this? If so, then everyone was assuming that you keep your rig on top of your desk or something where it can breathe freely.

So, if the cables won't reach, then either find a way to make them reach, or go back to the HP case which obviously has less fans. I had to make a similar compromise because I have a deskhole too. So now instead of being in the deskhole and out of my way, it sits directly to my left about 1 foot away from my left leg. Yes, it's not convenient and yes it's irritatingly in my way, but it's literally my only option. It's either I stick it on the floor directly in front of the deskhole, or stick it in the deskhole. I could take pictures, but it would be a waste of time because everyone would say, "Oh yeah. You're right: you really don't have a choice".

Quote:

View Post

I agree with The Master Chief, poor recommendations on here. I do not recommend this case to anyone. This is a haf ass case. This is garbage, I have 3 fans running and this thing keeps getting hotter and hotter. Its not up to 54c on idle in an air conditioned room.

That's because it's just circulating the exhausted warmer air thereby causing that already-warmed air to get even warmer! This is why we can't keep our rigs in a deskhole.

So again: it's not the case.

·
Guess I'm Back
3,667 Posts
Did you remove the heatsink when you swapped over the motherboard? Because if you did, it's probably a bad reseat.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:

View Post

He's not even running his computer that fast. I ran at 3.7ghz on my crappy hewlett packard case. I guess Hewlett packard knows how to make cases even when their 6 years old! Since it kept my system cool!

Ok then.

How many fans does the HP case have, and where are they located?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
3 fan in a closed box will not get good temps
the HAF is for High air flow but it need a good amount of fresh air to be effective .

and if you reseated the heatsink you could have made a mistake on the paste or on the mounting pressure causing it .

HAF are not owned by 30% of people for nothing it as a rock solid reputation when it comes to cooling .

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Let me explain the problem.

Your old casing had ventilation holes on the side, and as such cool air is being sucked in from the side.

The 912 is wider than the HP casing.

Does it fit just snugly in that hole?
If yes, then you aren't getting any side panel ventilation at all.
Never mind that.
I believe the HAF 912 also has a top fan to get rid of hot air via the roof.

If the PC fits snugly in that desk hole, then there isn't much ventilation at all.
At the most, cool air comes in from the front and out the rear, via those weaksauce CM silent fans. Not very efficient.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
You should try to take the back panel out of the desk hole. It help my temps alot. And considering the HAF is alot larger than your old HP case, there isn't as much room around the case for the air to escape.

·
PC Evangelist
46,977 Posts
HAF 912 should get ~ 5C cooler temps for both GPU/CPU. I am not sure about HAF 912 stock fans but if you have the stock verion and not the Plus you need to add fans. My HAF X get about 10C lower temps in CPU and 5C lower temps in CPU then my old Lian Li PC-K62 which had a lot of fans. You have something defently wrong because the CPU even with no fan should not idle 50C. My Q9550 idles @ 45C even if i turn my CPU fan off.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts