Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really think that their service is horrible.. and their devices are too.. my hd2 is not getting signal anywhere... i have been without signal for 5 hours. ugh!!!

·
Premium Member
5,112 Posts
for some reason my prepaid account has expired yet for some reason i am still able to use their 3G network. Been this way for 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
6,842 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dlee7283
View Post

for some reason my prepaid account has expired yet for some reason i am still able to use their 3G network. Been this way for 2 weeks.

Really? AWESOME. Free 3G.

And, I'm a T-Mobile user myself, and I can't be more pleased. I'm NEVER in any place where I don't have excellent signal. And pricing is great for me too

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
I don't have their service, but their devices don't suck.

Nexus 1, G2, Vibrant, just to name three.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by computergeek92 View Post
i really think that their service is horrible.. and their devices are too.. my hd2 is not getting signal anywhere... i have been without signal for 5 hours. ugh!!!
Ever thought it was a problem with your phone? Like get a new HD2...

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
Depends on the region, but by me (NYC/NJ area) their service is HORRIBLE, which is downright inexcusable in my book considering the area.

Anyone I know with T-Mobile is an unbelievable hastle to get a hold of.
I'll call and their end doesn't ring, all kinds of missed / delayed texts, basically renders them incommunicado to an extent

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by candy_van View Post
Depends on the region, but by me (NYC/NJ area) their service is HORRIBLE, which is downright inexcusable in my book considering the area.

Anyone I know with T-Mobile is an unbelievable hastle to get a hold of.
I'll call and their end doesn't ring, all kinds of missed / delayed texts, basically renders them incommunicado to an extent

lol What...Had no issues in NYC...time square, financial district, upper west side, Bronx, etc. Was up there like 5 times in the past year...

Don't know why you've had issues contacting T-Mobile customer service? I find them very helpful and quick...I've had to call them a few times regarding billing issues.

·
semi-legit
7,980 Posts
Not in NYC directly, within like 25 miles of it and everyone I know with T-Mobile has absolute crap service 60% of the time :/

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
And there are plenty of locations where other providers have little to no service as well

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Quote:

Not in NYC directly, within like 25 miles of it and everyone I know with T-Mobile has absolute crap service 60% of the time :/
Oh...well don't travel out that far that often
I can say Troy NY, Albany NY, Syracuse NY are good...but that's far from NYC

Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man View Post
And there are plenty of locations where other providers have little to no service as well

Yes...AT&T and Sprint aren't that great up here. Verizon is great, but charges your unborn child and uses CDMA

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've had T-mobile forever and I've never been happy with them. I've lived in Oregon (several locations), California and now Florida and had always had reception problems. It's not just me, it's everyone that I've known in these areas that use T-Mobile as well.

Unfortunately I keep getting roped into renewed contracts b/c my wife's family all uses T-Mobile and she wants the free talk minutes if we're on the same network, so I'm s.o.l. for the time being. Next time that contracts come up we're all switching carriers.

It may be location dependent, but I've never lived anywhere that I was pleased with their phone service.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by metallicamaster3 View Post
Really? AWESOME. Free 3G.

And, I'm a T-Mobile user myself, and I can't be more pleased. I'm NEVER in any place where I don't have excellent signal. And pricing is great for me too
Same here... not to mention they are cheaper than Sprint, AT&T and Verizon

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
People should remember that the following play a role in the service you have:
Phone antenna (quality of it)
Number of towers
Wattage of towers (push the signal)
911 Services (usually have higher priority on towers)
Construction (have to cut % of power to tower or new buildings block w/e)
Weather (hmm ice storm of 2008 ruined everything in NH for a few weeks)
Terrain (mountains, trees, national forest, etc)
And so on...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Quote:

your preaching to the quire dude, i actually got my bill cut in half because the tower that serves my job (which also happens to be in same town as my home) has been down since first week of august

1 - 16 of 16 Posts