Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Testing...
Joined
·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,725 Posts
Yes, really.

I should contemplate buying one of these and putting it through my uses (where two cores is generally enough and IPC means a lot more) and laugh at my Core 2 Duo outdoing it while using like 1/4th the power draw.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm disappointed in the matter, and not in a disgusted way, but a concerned way (no, not for sake of AMD going out of business, but more for things regarding the enthusiast market; stagnation could mean price gouging from Intel, and speaking of which, here comes LGA 2011 as we speak!).
 

·
Testing...
Joined
·
3,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Garnet;15277402
Yes, really.

I should contemplate buying one of these and putting it through my uses (where two cores is generally enough and IPC means a lot more) and laugh at my Core 2 Duo outdoing it while using like 1/4th the power draw.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm disappointed in the matter, and not in a disgusted way, but a concerned way (no, not for sake of AMD going out of business, but more for things regarding the enthusiast market; stagnation could mean price gouging from Intel, and speaking of which, here comes LGA 2011 as we speak!).
As far as I'm concerned the enthusiast market is now a monopoly. Which is bad because Intel is already sandbagging their chips and disabling overclocking on most of their market.

No competition is making it a field day for the boys in blue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Wow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
Quote:
AMD also shared with us that Windows 7 isn't really all that optimized for Bulldozer.
Is the OS REALLY a factor?

Sounds like an excuse.

Bulldozer, you're a flop.
 

·
SpaceStationGaming
Joined
·
9,430 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8-Ball;15277842
Is the OS REALLY a factor?

Sounds like an excuse.

Bulldozer, you're a flop.
This.

First it was all released benchmarks prior to the NDA being lifted are not representative of Bulldozer.

Now a windows excuse......

Something is wrong here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.M.;15277438
As far as I'm concerned the enthusiast market is now a monopoly. Which is bad because Intel is already sandbagging their chips and disabling overclocking on most of their market.

No competition is making it a field day for the boys in blue.
You said it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR;15278019
This.

First it was all released benchmarks prior to the NDA being lifted are not representative of Bulldozer.

Now a windows excuse......

Something is wrong here.
At least it breaks world record = 8429.38MHz =

Isn't this all about "effin" 8 CORES BULLDOZER!!!!

lachen.gif
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top