Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyanmcleod View Post
the GTs are the best but good luck finding them for a fair price. supply and demand sucks sometimes.
Good luck finding them at all if you are in North America. The pre-sale on Frozencpu was full in like 1 day...

I want to buy 4 and am having zero luck....

·
AMD Overclocker
9,178 Posts
The gentle typhoons are great fans, but the noiseblocker multi-frames give them a run for their money. But for cpu/rad fans, it really doesn't get any better than gentle typhoons.

• Rep+
Reactions: lowkickqop

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Behemoth777 View Post
The gentle typhoons are great fans, but the noiseblocker multi-frames give them a run for their money. But for cpu/rad fans, it really doesn't get any better than gentle typhoons.
I can attest to the quality of the Noiseblocker fans.
In terms of noise to airflow, they're terrific, mine served me very well.

I actually had to get rid of them because they were getting the room too hot

·
Premium Member
3,261 Posts
sharkoon silent eagles not too bad

·
Retired Reviewer
10,092 Posts
I tested a bunch of fans - see item 1. in my sig. No NB's, alas.

When I wanted a near-silent fan to go on the Megahalems for my daughter's rig, I chose the San Ace Silent 9S1212L401. The 9S1212F401 and 9S1212H401 are on-spec and wonderful, so I expect the 9S1212M401 will be too. The drawback: they are expensive fans and you must put on you own pins and plugs - perhaps by attaching the plug end from another fan.

Otherwise, you have to decide if you want a case fan or a cpu heatsink fan. If the former, Scythe Slip Stream 1200 rpm and 1600 rpm are great for the money. If the fan is going on a case sidewall, get either a Scythe Kaze Maru 1200 rpm fan or a Thermalright TY-140. They both are 140mm fans with 120mm holes. If you are getting a heatsink fan (HSF) then get a Yate Loon D12SH-12 from Petra's Tech Shop and wait until you can get a GT later.

There is a reason we gravitate to GT's. They are the best. I have a lot of fans, but these are usually my fan of choice for both HSF and case fan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts