Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be using my sig rig. Yes i know its terrible isn't it?

I would like to get it from the stock 2.2Ghz up to about 3Ghz. A few questions first though. How much more power will it use if any? The reason I ask is because I'm planning on getting a HD 5770 soon and want to make sure my PSU will be enough. Someone in the PSU board said that with my current configuration I shouldn't draw for then 270w with a full load with that card. The second question would be how much shorter of a CPU life expectancy can I expect? Just looking for a ballpark figure here.

I'm just looking to get a little more out of my meager machine. I don't have the money to buy anything other then a graphics card right now so a whole new build atm is out of the question.

Thanks for all the info in advance

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
The power consumption when you change the voltage will be very very low. If I were you I would get a 400w+ PSU if your getting a 5770 and also a decent heatsink for your cpu. I would assume that you will change out your cpu's before it goes out on you.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. Can anyone tell me what kind of performance increase I can expect going from 2.2ghz to 3.0ghz?

I've also been doing a bit of reading on the E1500 and alot of people are saying that stock cooling should be enough for up to about 3.2ghz and I was just wondering if that sounded about right to you guys.

I should be starting this later tonight after I do a bit more reading so if anyone has any pointers that would be good for a beginner that would be great

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts