Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OG
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've found the CPU that I've been looking for (i7 720qm) but I've had absolutely no luck finding a motherboard or gpu for it.

Where would you guys go about buying the motherboard? And can you buy the GPU separately from the motherboard, or are the GPU soldered onto the motherboard? (in the laptop world)

Please, don't tell me to give up looking, I'll ignore that post and file you under the category of, "Ignore what this user says".
If you're willing to help, great! If not, please don't waste bandwidth.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
You do know that laptop motherboards are hard to buy retail? and if your talking about the project in your sig, that your GPU, etc. would have some connection problems.

My advice if it is for that project, just underclock your desktop CPU and build custom heat sinks.

·
OG
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by steven937595 View Post
You do know that laptop motherboards are hard to buy retail? and if your talking about the project in your sig, that your GPU, etc. would have some connection problems.

My advice if it is for that project, just underclock your desktop CPU and build custom heat sinks.
Yes I am aware, but I can't really even fit a regular IO shield on my case, I'd have to do a lot of work that way, and I'm just seeing how much and if I can get a laptop motherboard. Hence me making a thread asking for such a thing.

Other people, please use this post as an example of what not to post.
Only post what I asked for. Thanks.

·
OG
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilGear44 View Post
Have you checked here?

Good luck on your project.

They didn't have anything I could find, but me and my engineer pap's went to the drawing board and we have figured out how to make it work with desktop hardware.

so +rep to you my friend for a great link I couldn't have found without your help.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Oh ok.

...How you going to make it work with desktop hardware? ITX or something?

·
OG
4,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilGear44 View Post
Oh ok.

...How you going to make it work with desktop hardware? ITX or something?
Yeah pretty much, check the OP in the thread in my sig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.