Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this possible? I was talking to someone and saying that I was looking into getting a 9700 Pro, and he said just to mod a 9700 into a Pro.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So it looks like if I had a 9700, and used the Omega drivers (which I do), I don't have to do anything else? I went on newegg.com and their only 9700 NON-Pro is $200, a little too much for me, though it had a component-out which I don't need. Are there 9700's w/o that, or should I just troll eBay?

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
$200 is way too much for a 9700NP, do some searching i bet u will find a 9700pro for around $150. end of the day though id just OC that 9700, only difference between the 9700NP and pro is clock speed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

$200 is way too much for a 9700NP, do some searching i bet u will find a 9700pro for around $150. end of the day though id just OC that 9700, only difference between the 9700NP and pro is clock speed.

Just grabbed a 9700 Pro for $146 shipped

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
I'm suprised they're even selling them
It's an awesome card, had mine for more than 2 years and I can still run with the best of 'em

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
yeah slap a arctic cooling vga silencer to its back and it OCs like a mofo
keeps good pace with a 9800pro although the newer core on the 9800s is impressive, they really tweaked that core up.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Well, poor me got a card with the crappy infineon 3.3ns RAM, but oddly enough it came with a vDDR mod when I bought it
but it's enabled me to run it up to 700Mhz effective on the mem. Just bought some RAMsinks as they were getting a little toasty, so hoping to maybe squeeze another 10MHz or so out of it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ket

yeah slap a arctic cooling vga silencer to its back and it OCs like a mofo
keeps good pace with a 9800pro although the newer core on the 9800s is impressive, they really tweaked that core up.

I got the one that was supposed to fit a 9600 Pro and had the RAM bracket (Silencer II), and it didn't fit at all. I actually wound up taking a chunk out of the VPU somehow when I removed the HSF+heatpad by heating it up with a hair dryer, as per the instructions. That's why I'm buying a new card

·
Banned
2,222 Posts
dont feel bad even ive taken chunks out of a core before
its interesting to see what the innards look like though

1 - 12 of 12 Posts