1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
SubZero is the Goal
1,562 Posts
interesting... may have to check it out if it is a "public" download

·
SubZero is the Goal
1,562 Posts
If givin the choice between waiting for the beta to go public, and grabbing a leaked copy of the beta from a torrent site... I'll wait for rtm release and go from there.
biggrin.gif

·
13,100 Posts
Awesome, I'm loving the Dev Preview now, I wonder what changes the Beta brings.

So far my only gripe with Windows 8 is that I can't install the Asus Xonar program, just the base driver.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Other than the tablet friendly skins, anything in Windows 8 to get excited about?

·
13,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losttsol View Post

Other than the tablet friendly skins, anything in Windows 8 to get excited about?
Better driver and hardware support, not much else form what I've seen.

·
PC Gaming Master Race
10,086 Posts
RTM is right around the corner.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by axipher View Post

Better driver and hardware support, not much else form what I've seen.
Yea, storage spaces/pools, faster bootup and shutdown, ability to take full advantage of UEFI, and possibly bring back hardware audio, built in ISO mounting, etc is not much
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'll just wait until they get it all figured out, and working correctly. No real reason for them to upgrade, except to try to trick the average consumer that will buy whatever is new.

·
Premium Member
9,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks435 View Post

Yea, storage spaces/pools, faster bootup and shutdown, ability to take full advantage of UEFI, and possibly bring back hardware audio, built in ISO mounting, etc is not much
rolleyes.gif
That.

Windows 7 was optimized Vista to get away from the negative stigma. Windows 8 is bring a lot of nice new features into the fold.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Quote:

It supports ARM, Bulldozer, and new features. Everyone likes new features.

There are a lot of people that like to get the newest stuff. I see that you have a lot of older parts in your sig rig but many people like to stay up to date with everything.

·
13,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins View Post

Quote:

rolleyes.gif
That.

Windows 7 was optimized Vista to get away from the negative stigma. Windows 8 is bring a lot of nice new features into the fold.
I think aside form the Metro UI, the appearance hasn't changed at all and that's what confuses a lot of people. Everyone is used to seeing changes in the appearance of Windows with new versions.

Windows 8 does bring a ton of new features to the table as mentioned in this thread and in my mind, is most definitely an upgrade from Windows 7.

I'm just hoping on getting a "Student Upgrade" with my old college email address.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Quote:

I'm just hoping on getting a "Student Upgrade" with my old college email address.
Won't happen. I tried to get another copy of windows that way with my alum email, and they have completely changed the verification system now, so that it checks a Database of known enrolled students.

·
13,100 Posts
Quote:

Quote:

Won't happen. I tried to get another copy of windows that way with my alum email, and they have completely changed the verification system now, so that it checks a Database of known enrolled students.
I'm still enrolled until I finish my Industrial Electrician apprenticeship because my college is still my active sponsor haha.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Quote:

So far my only gripe with Windows 8 is that I can't install the Asus Xonar program, just the base driver.
Runnning it over here. Gotta run the installer in compatibility mode for Windows 7:

·
13,100 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokeyplyr48 View Post

Quote:

Runnning it over here. Gotta run the installer in compatibility mode for Windows 7:

Oh wow, thanks so much, I'll be re-installing Windows 8 on my Desktop tonight
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
509 Posts
i've tried to install it with vistualbox but i couldn't cos my AMD Radeon drivers, something about acceleration makes conflict...
anyone could install it with a radeon ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts