Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please explain how I'd control my fans' speeds with...well, any program that does it?

My CPU, Intake, and Exhaust fan are all plugged into the mobo, and I can read the fanspeeds with Everest, MBM5, and Speedfan(except the CPU fan reads like 15,000 RPM sometimes...). I just can't figure out how to control the fanspeeds to quiet them down. It's pretty loud right now.

Thanks
-Amped

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
O.K. So your fans are all connected to the mobo, and you have SpeedFan, right?

Open SpeedFan, and on the bottom left-hand, you should see things labeled Fan1, Fan2, Fan3, etc. you can change the percentage there. 100%, obviously, means the fan is running at full speed. You can slow it down by lowering the %.

EDIT: Picture. No, that is not my system.

EDIT2: BTW, after you lower the speed, don't forget to click "Minimize" not the "X" in the top right-hand.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a way to have the fans controlled automatically? Based on temperature, perhaps?

·
Banned
3,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amped

Is there a way to have the fans controlled automatically? Based on temperature, perhaps?

I know I control the speed of the vid card fan with the omega drivers but that wont help you, maybe there is a driver program that will do it for you. Omega is not sorted yet for nvidia.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hm... It seems that my mobo is only seeing my CPU fan, chipset fan, and fan 2(exhaust fan). It's powering fan4(intake), but it's not detecting it. I also can't control the speeds for any of these fans with speedfan still.

Any suggestions? This thing is kinda loud =/.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Quote:

isnt that what normal pc's are suppose to do?:***:

anyways i know u can get these fan controllers so u dont need to control their speed with software:
picture here

they just fit it one of the bays like ur dvd-rom drive

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson_Blade

isnt that what normal pc's are suppose to do?:***:

Yes, but it doesn't seem like it is...

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
yeah speedfan has a thing where it controls the speed for you!

can someone PM ME and tell me how to make an FAQ? i can't find the link to make one anymore!

·
Premium Member
3,899 Posts
Quote:

That would be a temperature probe. I have three of those.

Quote:

Bump, anyone know why my motherboard is only recognizing one of my case fans?

What are the brands of all the fans hooked up to the mobo? Names, too, perhaps.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipnogg

What are the brands of all the fans hooked up to the mobo? Names, too, perhaps.

The two case fans are Lian-Li stock. The CPU fan is a Thermaltake Big Typhoon stock. The chipset fan is a DFI stock.

An update: I did some sort of Speedfan thing where I download the config of another user, and it now shows which temp is which, and it seems to be controlling my fans automatically... but I can't really tell if it's just saying it is, or if it is.

It still only shows one reading for a case fan though.

Anyone?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts