Overclock.net banner

1121 - 1125 of 1125 Posts

·
@integralfx
211 Posts
So I know I am a bit late to this thread but was hoping someone could answer my question. Is there a limit to how much voltage you can edit in the BIOS, because I have the voltage slider in afterburner maxed out and the card tops out at 58-60C and was thinking about giving it 1.25v or something is there any tips on how to go about this? Only other GPU I modified was my pair of GTX 660's and they are a little different from this in terms of editing.

That's about as far as I can get without artifacting or crashing, I know the memory is surprisingly high but I feel the core clock is lacking.
Change dpm7 value0 in voltage table 2 to the voltage you want in mV.

I think the max safe voltage is 1.35v, but you probably won't get much more frequency.

·
Nvidia "shill"
1,407 Posts
Change dpm7 value0 in voltage table 2 to the voltage you want in mV.

I think the max safe voltage is 1.35v, but you probably won't get much more frequency.
I’m fine with 25MHz if that’s all I get. I’ll give it a shot later on this evening then, thank you for the answer I might report back if I gain any headroom. I really probably should get a beefier GPU for this rig but when I had the 1070 in it it was a total waste because there was no way the QX9650 was not bottlenecking it, maybe a 580 or a 1060 might work but for now I’ll just have to crank this 380 up as high as I can.

·
Nvidia "shill"
1,407 Posts
Last question, where would I go about changing the max power limit from 20% to 50%? Or can that not be done from the BIOS editor?

·
@integralfx
211 Posts
Last question, where would I go about changing the max power limit from 20% to 50%? Or can that not be done from the BIOS editor?
There's a power limit % value at the top left.

·
Nvidia "shill"
1,407 Posts
There's a power limit % value at the top left.
Sweet thanks, I am not sure how I missed that. Anyway I did those changes and flashed, testing it to see how far I can get. One think I did notice is 1150MHz no longer instantly crashes the driver though it does artifact like a mother, so progress lol. If I have to I can throw this thing on some water and see how far it goes.

1121 - 1125 of 1125 Posts