Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it true that software OCing can cause sirious damage to hardware especialy HDD's? some guys iv talked to said this to me. i would like to chek the validity of their claims. and perhaps they exadurated?

I thought this was a risk with all OCing?

PS im very generous when it comes to reps. so consider this when replying

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangas

is it true that software OCing can cause sirious damage to hardware especialy HDD's? some guys iv talked to said this to me. i would like to chek the validity of their claims. and perhaps they exadurated?

I thought this was a risk with all OCing?

PS im very generous when it comes to reps. so consider this when replying

The only dangerous thing that i can see with software overclocking is if your pci/agp bus is not locked and you take the FSB up way to far. Then you are likely to corrupt the data on your hard disk - but thats about it really.

...And ALL overclocking can cause damage to hardware if you don't do it properly

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

The only dangerous thing that i can see with software overclocking is if your pci/agp bus is not locked and you take the FSB up way to far. Then you are likely to corrupt the data on your hard disk - but thats about it really.

...And ALL overclocking can cause damage to hardware if you don't do it properly

Sing it brotha... exactly what I was going to say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts