Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my GTX480's a week ago since I was getting a decent price for both, but miss them already. I am currently running on a GTX460 and was going to get two 580's but cant justify the price yet.

Should I wait a few months for the prices to drop and then get the 580's or should I grab the 480's again? I bet the 480 SLI setup will cost me half the price of 580's(used or new)?

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TitaniumClocker
View Post

LOL Funny thing

I sold my GTX 480 SLi a few weeks ago too, and I'm rocking a GTX 460 too HAHAHAAAHAHAHA

I'm waititng for pricedrop+watercooled edition of 6990 to drop and I'm getting two of those

hahahaha!

sucks man, I shouldn't have sold them
...I think I am just going to keep using my 460 for a few more months and see where the price drop takes me, how much did you sell yours for?

· Banned
1,410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74;13082169
hahahaha!

sucks man, I shouldn't have sold them
redface.gif
...I think I am just going to keep using my 460 for a few more months and see where the price drop takes me, how much did you sell yours for?
I took 700 for the pair, had them covered in EK Waterblocks. I bought them on impulse when my 285's died. Those come back from RMA today so I'm going to be happy to have extra power, but I really do miss the 480's power

· Nerd / Geek
1,681 Posts
If you can - hold out until the end of the year. The new generation is (according to the marketing) going to be amazing and much more power efficient/cooler than the 4xx/5xx series. That would be my suggestion.

· Registered
3,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74;13082038
I sold my GTX480's a week ago since I was getting a decent price for both, but miss them already. I am currently running on a GTX460 and was going to get two 580's but cant justify the price yet.

Should I wait a few months for the prices to drop and then get the 580's or should I grab the 480's again? I bet the 480 SLI setup will cost me half the price of 580's(used or new)?
Why would you do such a thing?

Going from 2 480s to a single GTX 460? That's brutal. Are you looking for more performance than 2 480s or similar performance?

You could try 2 6970s or 2 GTX 570s, or get another 460 but you will not get the performance you were getting from 2 GTX 480s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.