Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*I am not selling this case, please do not PM me*
PM Mmansueto if your interested in a case.
---
Here are the pics (as I am grinding my teeth). Good thing it was insured.

---

May we have a moment of silence

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
dang... how was it packaged???!

·
Registered
705 Posts
That is terrible my heart goes out to you!

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

dang... how was it packaged???!

In the standard manufactures packing. It made it from Asia fine, but not from FL to MI in the hands of UPS.

·
Read Only
5,227 Posts
that really sucks
..but lets look at the positive, it was insured, so you can get a new one and keep that one for OCN's first(?) modded soldam.

·
Premium Member
6,995 Posts
Wow, thats pretty bad. I will say, though, I have always had good luck (well, better than FEDEX or USPS or DHL) with UPS.

edit: I also have it all shipped to my work, so I think the driver we have here is better than a rural one. Plus, we get our stuff in the morning, so that is a little less time bouncing around in an empty truck.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mortimersnerd
View Post

In the standard manufactures packing. It made it from Asia fine, but not from FL to MI in the hands of UPS.

Case packaging is usually pretty good with a few inches of foam around it... dang.

How much was it insured for?

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
it was in the normal shipping package that I received it in from Japan. It was destroyed by UPS. This is the same case in my Soldam build log (to give you an idea of before/after) It is ridiculous. I send UPS on average $50,000 a year in revenue and in 3 months they have destroyed over 1500.00 in cases of mine. Again, I can not apologize enough Mort for this inconvenience. I know that it won't cost anything at the end of the day, since it was insured, but it is like seeing a Ferrari in a car accident. I insured it for the asking price, $650.00. In hindsight, I should have insured it for more, so Mort can get a BNIB one directly from Soldam. I am ordering a new case as we speak for Mort. This will come directly from Soldam, so there should be no screw-ups.

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by dralb
View Post

Wow, thats pretty bad. I will say, though, I have always had good luck (well, better than FEDEX or USPS or DHL) with UPS.

edit: I also have it all shipped to my work, so I think the driver we have here is better than a rural one. Plus, we get our stuff in the morning, so that is a little less time bouncing around in an empty truck.

I've had good luck the Fedex, but I have a good delivery guy, and I think that helps a lot. This is my 3rd claim with UPS.... Mmansueto was very helpful with this claim though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mmansueto
View Post

it was in the normal shipping package that I received it in from Japan. It was destroyed by UPS. This is the same case in my Soldam build log (to give you an idea of before/after) It is ridiculous. I send UPS on average $50,000 a year in revenue and in 3 months they have destroyed over 1500.00 in cases of mine. Again, I can not apologize enough Mort for this inconvenience. I know that it won't cost anything at the end of the day, since it was insured, but it is like seeing a Ferrari in a car accident. I insured it for the asking price, $650.00. In hindsight, I should have insured it for more, so Mort can get a BNIB one directly from Soldam. I am ordering a new case as we speak for Mort. This will come directly from Soldam, so there should be no screw-ups.

(in a non-gay way)

·
Premium Member
2,501 Posts
I never have used ups for stuff only usps and havet had any problems so far with shipments. Had my rocketfish case shipped from California to illinios in original packaging and box and no damage or 1 dent in the box it was shipped in, or that was caused in the store when originally bought. But my feelings for you on that EXPENSIVE case that is badly damaged.

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
I hope UPS has some way to tell who was driving the truck (they should) and costing them quite a chunk of change. And they should definetly fire the moron, or at least cut his pay to teach him a good lesson. Every time I see something like this I think of the beginning of Ace Ventura.

·
Premium Member
6,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dralb
View Post

Yea, same. UPS is great for me, Fedex is terrible. I hate to see this happen to such an awesome case.

~Gooda~

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Working for UPS I can contest that most people don't understand packaging standards towards items such as cases. If this case was insured for the $500 I imagine it would be, I would go so far as to triple box the item. A manufacturing box really isn't enough of a protection even with supplied styrofoam bracing. Even though it is technically specified as doubled boxed, I would add at LEAST another box with 3-4 inches of peanuts on all sides of the item.

The rule we follow here is that if you would be comfortable with dropping the package 10 feet onto a concrete floor, then it is packaged well enough.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson
View Post

I hope UPS has some way to tell who was driving the truck (they should) and costing them quite a chunk of change. And they should definetly fire the moron, or at least cut his pay to teach him a good lesson. Every time I see something like this I think of the beginning of Ace Ventura.

I can almost completely guarantee that that was due to something in a distribution center and not an actual driver.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts