Votes: 38 60.3%
  • Demo

Votes: 25 39.7%
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to get an idea of how it will turn out. I think it's obvious the solder has the advantage if it's split 50-50. Demo needs a number advantage to win.

Demo for me.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Soldier. The demo is powerful enough, it doesn't need another weapon. Have already racked up 101 dead demos.

·
Premium Member
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gir
View Post

Soldier. The demo is powerful enough, it doesn't need another weapon. Have already racked up 101 dead demos.

Where can you check? And can you tell how many soldiers/demos have killed you?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liability
View Post

Where can you check? And can you tell how many soldiers/demos have killed you?

Your war contribution shows how many demos you've killed as a soldier, or soldiers you've killed as a demo. I don't think there's a way to see how many have killed you.

·
Premium Member
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah, talk about tunnel vision.

I've been trying to keep track and my KD:R is around 4:1 so far.

·
Premium Member
10,490 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Liability
View Post

Just to get an idea of how it will turn out. I think it's obvious the solder has the advantage if it's split 50-50. Demo needs a number advantage to win.

Demo for me.

I thought this too, but then I thought of all the stats that Valve's keeping and why would they set up a contest which they knew to be completely one sided. I think it might actually be closer than we may think.

I'm pulling for the demoman and only because he's the perceived underdog. I really don't give two bits about which class gets the weapon (I honestly don't believe Valve's pitch that only one will anyway...) I don't think either is under or overpowered any longer.

I wonder if there were distinct weapons developed for each of these classes, or if the last weapon was developed to be utilized by either side

·
Initializing...
23,786 Posts
Demo FTW! I barely play as soldier.

·
Premium Member
4,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Only about half of my soldier kills are actually getting added to the tally... This is getting frustrating.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RonindeBeatrice View Post
I thought this too, but then I thought of all the stats that Valve's keeping and why would they set up a contest which they knew to be completely one sided. I think it might actually be closer than we may think.

I'm pulling for the demoman and only because he's the perceived underdog. I really don't give two bits about which class gets the weapon (I honestly don't believe Valve's pitch that only one will anyway...) I don't think either is under or overpowered any longer.

I wonder if there were distinct weapons developed for each of these classes, or if the last weapon was developed to be utilized by either side

How is the demo an underdog? He has two primary weapons for cryin out loud. I'd be surprised if the soldier wins, but I hope he does.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liability View Post
Only about half of my soldier kills are actually getting added to the tally... This is getting frustrating.
It will only count DEMOs you kill, and you can't kill the same demo two times in a row.

·
Premium Member
10,490 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gir View Post
How is the demo an underdog? He has two primary weapons for cryin out loud. I'd be surprised if the soldier wins, but I hope he does.

It will only count DEMOs you kill, and you can't kill the same demo two times in a row.
In demo/soldier showdowns (which is what servers have erupted into now), the soldier has the advantage.

As a soldier if I encounter a demoman he's only killing me if I'm wounded, or I ignorantly walk into his trap. As a demoman encountering a soldier my best be is if he's distracted, or I already have a good set of stickies scattered about.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You have to consider too, that among the really good players (ie CEVO etc) there are two soldiers for every demoman.

In general I think the demo is a harder class to play competently, and there are often fewer of them, so he really is the underdog in this.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts