Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There should be a report system, where, if a thread is flagged 10 times or so, that when it is, it's put in a primary garbage thread, created for this specific task, and then the mods sort out the good from the bad, and take care of whatever else is needed to make the thread appropriate. My two cents.

·
Premium Member
8,052 Posts
Uh, is more often then not always checked by a mod and made sure that the topic/thread is appropriate. I don't see why this should be an issue.

The EVGA boycott thread had TaiDinh going through 40 pages of bickering making sure everything was alright. The mods do their job and they do it well, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asus Mobile
View Post

And to be clear. What is your point? You clearly have an agenda. What is your issue?

What threads are you talking about?

I don't have an issue. I don't have an agenda. I just think it's valid that when reports hit a certain number, they should be moved to a place where they can be audited for content and intention. B!tching about anything is up to the end user that comes here. We're just here to help. I'm saying spam is awful, trolls are just as bad, and there's too much drama on OCN, and people do some f'd up things, and we should have a way of being above it, letting the mods do their job without keeping OCN full of the things we shouldn't be seeing and end up fighting about.

·
Premium Member
8,052 Posts
Evading the forum censor doesn't really do so well for your own battle.
The mods have done their job perfectly fine, when a thread is reported it is taken care of depending on the rules that are broken or are not broken.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by GH0 View Post
Evading the forum censor doesn't really do so well for your own battle.
The mods have done their job perfectly fine, when a thread is reported it is taken care of depending on the rules that are broken or are not broken.
Anyway, spam collects on these forums. People make unnecessary posts, some post spam and only spam, some troll and just ruin good threads, and then there's full out arguments where plenty of things are thrown around, and some get more offended than others. That's the point I'm trying to bring up. Yeah, you've got mods all around the clock, basically. But, then you've got the layovers where a mod was busy with something else, or had an agenda to take care of a list of reported threads, and never got to it. What I'm saying is: Create a logging system, where, once a thread hits a certain amount of reports on the thread, it's moved to be audited, deleted, cropped, edited, or whatever needs be done. That would make the forums much easier to tread, it would create an unknown known, where the system weeds out the good posts from the bad, and it would eliminate a cycle of trolling, spamming, or whatever the hell detracts from a positive flux on OCN's forums.

I apologize if I seem selfish by explaining my point of view. I'll remember to post less, and just ignore OCN and it's members on account of their inability to decipher my diatribes.

·
Premium Member
5,400 Posts
Something similar has already been suggested; and according to this post the admin team is currently working on a solution to streamline the removal of SPAM.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by radodrill View Post
Something similar has already been suggested; and according to this post the admin team is currently working on a solution to streamline the removal of SPAM.
That's all I needed to know, because I'm getting tired of seeing spam threads that stay there for hours, and the genius people either don't tag it, but post, tag it and post, or rep spam bots, aside from ignoring it and not reporting it. I had this idea a while back, but the staff at the time thought it was a waste of code. Even the thread where I started it is deleted or moved. Either way, it's necessary, and yet again, the structure of OCN needs fortified for the users' sake.

and aziani, or whatever your name is... I don't have a bed. Care to donate one? I hate "haves", you look so far down upon the "have nots".

·
Premium Member
8,052 Posts
We are not supposed to tag spam otherwise we get infracted. There is a reason we don't do it.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ Well then, I think for at least reference's sake, someone posts one tag in regard to spam. At least it flags it, and anyone who read the TOS will know that you are to report unnecessary, crude, lude posts or spam flavored goodness. It will help junior members to understand the nature of what they're reading. Maybe this is a campaign for tagging and reporting.

·
B.O.W
26,978 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by azianai
View Post

translation please? was this a diss? flame? not sure what it is...

time to read up on Karl Marx, correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by azianai
View Post

translation please? was this a diss? flame? not sure what it is...

well, let's see.... you know nothing about me. You assume, through my posts, that I am just a poor sport. Man, I'm a death dealer. I've had so much crap happen in just the past twelve months, that I've gone a little crazy. My friend had cancer, destroyed his bed after he lost body control with piss and crap, and I was going through a divorce. I gave him my bed with a cover for the bed as an act of kindness... i.e. no bed. On top of that, I've had more than a quarter of my family tree die on me within those past twelve months. So, you saying I rolled out on the wrong side of the bed is just your expression that I was irate while I was writing this. Perhaps, some is irate, but the rest was my psychotic way of contributing. I'm a therapy taking mofo, and I have little time for anything other than keeping tabs of a certain few engagements in my life.

Dude, this is all off topic. I was simply pointing out something I saw as wrong and tried using the exploit of it positively. Everyone else that didn't have a specific contribution to my thread was simply trolling or **** blocking. Only two of the people so far that have contributed to this thread have had anything to ADD to the situation.

Oh, and it was a diss. You seem like one of those people that thinks your crap doesn't stink, especially when you stick your nose in something with a smartass comment like the one you posted. Therefore, I feel as if you're looking down upon me, like you have some insight I don't, beyond just trolling my thread and not helping much. So, go ahead and tell me, do you think my idea was valid, even though it was originated by someone else, or do you think I'm generic, just because I had the same idea a few months later, and never checked OCN's suggestion forum? Either way, GFY, and have a nice day.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^I reread what I wrote, and just said I'd post less. That doesn't involve leaving. You're just forcing another opinion, where I didn't start anything but a thread. I didn't pout or say anything out of check. I stated things the best way I could, and you sit there and discriminate me for things I didn't say. Seems to me like you need to read between the lines better.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.