Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Watercooled Railgun
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good mouse for both FPS's and RTS's. Here is what i am looking for:

1. What's your grip style? Palm, right-handed

2. What's your sensitivity? Varies, but between 800-3000, also looking for adjustable sensibility

3. What's your maximum budget? $60 on Amazon

4. Do you want additional buttons? At least two on the thumb side, extra are welcome but not really looked for.

5. What games do you play? BF2, BF3, Quake/Doom series, SCII, CoH, Diablo II, Diablo III

6. Do you mind about prediction? I'm not too sure if it i good or bad, but i'd prefer no prediction as none of my previous mouses have had it

7. Other relevant information: I need a heavy mouse, for fairly big hands. Long cable is preferred.

I had been thinking of these mouses, but i need a bit more options or opinions before pulling the trigger

- Logitech G500
- R.A.T. 5
- Cooler Master Storm Sentinel Advance II

I'm also looking for a good mousepad for said mouse.

1. Hard or cloth? Cloth

2. Rough or smooth? Smooth

3. Which size approximately? 25x20, can be longer but not too wide

4. What's your maximum budget? $20 on Amazon

·
Watercooled Railgun
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looking for more input
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camph View Post

Deathadder
I have veard too many bad things about Razer products, so i have not considered any of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlmiller0015 View Post

you can try the zowie evo if your going to play rts you might want something light its also weight 98 g
Sounds like a promising alternative if i do not find anything else.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbomba View Post

Looking for more input
biggrin.gif

I have veard too many bad things about Razer products, so i have not considered any of them.
Sounds like a promising alternative if i do not find anything else.
The Deathadder is a definite exception. I would strongly urge you to take it into consideration.

If you do end up considering it, I would suggest the Black Edition. (No lights, matte sides as opposed to gloss on the regular one. Still the same price, if not cheaper on Amazon right now.)

·
Watercooled Railgun
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bielijbog View Post

The Deathadder is a definite exception. I would strongly urge you to take it into consideration.
If you do end up considering it, I would suggest the Black Edition. (No lights, matte sides as opposed to gloss on the regular one. Still the same price, if not cheaper on Amazon right now.)
Well, i had checked it, just because it seems to be popular on OCN. Glossy is not for me so i indeed checked the Black edition
tongue.gif

But if it isn't that bad, i'm willing to consider it. I just need a reliable gaming mouse.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Quote:

Well, i had checked it, just because it seems to be popular on OCN. Glossy is not for me so i indeed checked the Black edition
tongue.gif

But if it isn't that bad, i'm willing to consider it. I just need a reliable gaming mouse.
I really love my black edition. It fits my hand perfectly (palm grip) and it tracks really well.

The gloss isn't for me either. It's on my Naga and I really don't like it.

·
Watercooled Railgun
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, seems like i have narrowed my hoiced to either the Deathadder or the G500. Both are also roughly the same price. Which one would be best, sensor and weight-wise?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Quote:

Well, seems like i have narrowed my hoiced to either the Deathadder or the G500. Both are also roughly the same price. Which one would be best, sensor and weight-wise?
DA sensor is better. It's notorious for its lack of any kind of positive or negative acceleration, along with zero prediction. It's also lighter.

·
Watercooled Railgun
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After all the recommendations, i picked the Deathadder Black. Thanks all
biggrin.gif

Now it's time to get the keyboard
doh.gif

·
Watercooled Railgun
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by piskooooo View Post

How much are you willing to spend? There are some great mechanical keyboards for $70-80.
Well, i'm looking for the best i can get, for under $150 ($120 and under is preferred, but willing to spend a bit more on quality)

I have a thread going on with more info if you wish to contribute though
smile.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.