Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so my brother just got a PSP-2000. We installed CFW 5.50 GEN-D3. Anyways, not going to go into detail about that... My brother wants to use a complete gamesave for the game Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 1, however, every time he sticks the gamesave in the PSP (x:/PSP/GAMESAVE), he tries to load it up on the PSP, and it says that the gamesave is corrupt.

Anyways, he is really pissed, and I don't want him breaking something, so hopefully someone can help quick?

EDIT: When we check the game save in the game save utility of the PSP, it appears to be fine, and uncorrupt. However, once the game is loaded, it comes with an error message saying that the file is corrupt... Error code is 80110306... I looked online, but cannot find any information about it....

Seriously, please HELP!

EDIT: I just wanted to post that I found a fix for the problem, and to post the solution for future reference... Here is how to fix the save data corrupting issue in PSP CFW 5.50 GEN-D3.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xxicrimsonixx View Post
Ok, so my brother just got a PSP-2000. We installed CFW 5.50 GEN-D3. Anyways, not going to go into detail about that... My brother wants to use a complete gamesave for the game Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 1, however, every time he sticks the gamesave in the PSP (x:/PSP/GAMESAVE), he tries to load it up on the PSP, and it says that the gamesave is corrupt.

Anyways, he is really pissed, and I don't want him breaking something, so hopefully someone can help quick?

EDIT: When we check the game save in the game save utility of the PSP, it appears to be fine, and uncorrupt. However, once the game is loaded, it comes with an error message saying that the file is corrupt... Error code is 80110306... I looked online, but cannot find any information about it....

Seriously, please HELP!
Try formatting the whole card. I had the same problem, worked after format.

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by /Ben View Post
Try formatting the whole card. I had the same problem, worked after format.
We tried that about 50 thousand times...

I was reading that Sony changed the way that the gamesaves are done in one of their firmware updates. Apparently there are apps to convert the gamesaves, but I am having trouble finding it.

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonSnake View Post
Swapping save games have always been tricky. I'm guessing your psp is hacked as well?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxicrimsonixx View Post
Ok, so my brother just got a PSP-2000. We installed CFW 5.50 GEN-D3.
This answer the question?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Silly. Should've read that. Well to further re-iterate, savegames from different custom firmwares, tend to be corrupt on different consoles. Savegames that worked on my old 3.30 didn't work on my 5.00. You might have to search online for different save games.
Try www.pspiso.com

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Been using pspiso.com since they were created -.- um... Is there no way to somehow convert it to work with a later cfw?

·
Premium Member
7,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonSnake View Post
How about google? Have you been using that since it was created?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5004721AARqWTM
I saw that, but I was wondering if there was some way to convert it since it is quite old. I am trying to just use a savedata off Gamefaqs which basically are pretty old saves... Need it to work on 5.50 GEN-D3 though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts