Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This BIOS is like a bad trojan that I would like banished from my comp and replaced with an older, nice one.Step-by-step instructions?
I have AFUDOS on bootable usb..AFUwingui..and BIOSes.Nm
redface.gif
it started scrolling all crazy but I just had to type "y"
redface.gif

Might as well post Instructions.

AFUDOS

AFUDOS.zip 149k .zip file

bootable win98-style USB http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/46707-ms-dos-bootable-flash-drive-create.html
BUPdater

BUPDATER .zip 37k .zip file

Ok..so..You need those 3 things and 2 BIOSes
1 oldest one..and the one you really want

Get the 2 BIOSes (or however many..hehe) and put them on the USB as well.
Boot from your USB
Type: AFUDOS (oldest.rom) /p /b /n
It'll go all "Warning,We don't recommend" blahblah
hit "F" for Force and then "Y" ..don't worry about the crazy scrolling.
Let it do its thing.
Then you can update to a newer either with bupdater (buggy,IMO) Command = : "Bupdater /i(yourbios.ROM)" ..no space after i.
or ezflash..or ai suite
reset cmos
Profit!
If you pass a certain later BIOS though..you'll have to do it all over again.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am stuck on 3207 and having the modded 6950 issue. I might attempt your method but have some questions before I do:

People complained that certain settings like the AI tuner and CPU ratio, and DRAM are gone after downgrading (they used a different method I believe) is this the case for you as well?

Have experienced any other issues?

What do you mean by "If you pass a certain later BIOS though..you'll have to do it all over again."?
biggrin.gif

If this method does work without issues I think you should share it a bit more, I have looked around other places on how to downgrade and most of them have serious side effects :|

·
Registered
1 Posts
I can confirm this method works 100% on a Asus P8P67 EVO MOBO Rev B3. I just downgraded from P8P67-EVO-ASUS-3207 to P8P67-EVO-ASUS-1850 and haven't experienced any issues. This thread needs to be stickied!! Thanks alot Schmuckley, firmware 3207 was f horrid.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmuckley View Post

Can confirm works with CAP file, too!
biggrin.gif
on x79,even
eek.gif

grrr..I'm not making the post office today.
OK(jaggerwild from TPU)
I'm totally lost as to what i need to do to make it SEE the old bios(basically remove CAPS)or reverse the BUPDATER so I can use an older bios. I got this Intel ES chip I need to verify it is working or not.

·
Premium Member
15,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Schmuckley 

Can confirm works with CAP file, too!
on x79,even

grrr..I'm not making the post office today.

OK(jaggerwild from TPU)
I'm totally lost as to what i need to do to make it SEE the old bios(basically remove CAPS)or reverse the BUPDATER so I can use an older bios. I got this Intel ES chip I need to verify it is working or not.
Probably need a known supported working chip.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You got any links discussing the problem bios' and why I might want to change?

·
Premium Member
15,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
You got any links discussing the problem bios' and why I might want to change?
Herp derp post is what I would expect from someone from LA.

Seriously? "Got any links?"

Here's a link:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-i...-3207-bios-p8p67-deluxe-pro.html#post17933704

https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-i...-3207-bios-p8p67-deluxe-pro.html#post18675697

If you don't want to change, don't. This is for people that updated their BIOS and had things they didn't like/options that broke as a result of the update.

The method works on quite a few different platforms, but a different AFUDOS is needed specific to platform.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yeah, I should have known better; need to reintegrate my ******* roots. Think I'll go **** hunting tonight...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts