Overclock.net banner

[Solved] How to roll back 3207 BIOS on p8p67 Deluxe/PRO?

15K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  essanbee 
#1 ·
This BIOS is like a bad trojan that I would like banished from my comp and replaced with an older, nice one.Step-by-step instructions?
I have AFUDOS on bootable usb..AFUwingui..and BIOSes.Nm
redface.gif
it started scrolling all crazy but I just had to type "y"
redface.gif

Might as well post Instructions.

AFUDOS

AFUDOS.zip 149k .zip file

bootable win98-style USB http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/46707-ms-dos-bootable-flash-drive-create.html
BUPdater

BUPDATER .zip 37k .zip file

Ok..so..You need those 3 things and 2 BIOSes
1 oldest one..and the one you really want

Get the 2 BIOSes (or however many..hehe) and put them on the USB as well.
Boot from your USB
Type: AFUDOS (oldest.rom) /p /b /n
It'll go all "Warning,We don't recommend" blahblah
hit "F" for Force and then "Y" ..don't worry about the crazy scrolling.
Let it do its thing.
Then you can update to a newer either with bupdater (buggy,IMO) Command = : "Bupdater /i(yourbios.ROM)" ..no space after i.
or ezflash..or ai suite
reset cmos
Profit!
If you pass a certain later BIOS though..you'll have to do it all over again.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I am stuck on 3207 and having the modded 6950 issue. I might attempt your method but have some questions before I do:

People complained that certain settings like the AI tuner and CPU ratio, and DRAM are gone after downgrading (they used a different method I believe) is this the case for you as well?

Have experienced any other issues?

What do you mean by "If you pass a certain later BIOS though..you'll have to do it all over again."?
biggrin.gif

If this method does work without issues I think you should share it a bit more, I have looked around other places on how to downgrade and most of them have serious side effects :|

#13 ·
Quote: Originally Posted by Schmuckley 

Can confirm works with CAP file, too!
on x79,even

grrr..I'm not making the post office today.

OK(jaggerwild from TPU)
I'm totally lost as to what i need to do to make it SEE the old bios(basically remove CAPS)or reverse the BUPDATER so I can use an older bios. I got this Intel ES chip I need to verify it is working or not.
Probably need a known supported working chip.

#14 ·
You got any links discussing the problem bios' and why I might want to change?

#15 · (Edited)
Herp derp post is what I would expect from someone from LA.

Seriously? "Got any links?"

Here's a link:

https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-i...-3207-bios-p8p67-deluxe-pro.html#post17933704

https://www.overclock.net/forum/6-i...-3207-bios-p8p67-deluxe-pro.html#post18675697

If you don't want to change, don't. This is for people that updated their BIOS and had things they didn't like/options that broke as a result of the update.

The method works on quite a few different platforms, but a different AFUDOS is needed specific to platform.

#16 ·
Yeah, I should have known better; need to reintegrate my ******* roots. Think I'll go **** hunting tonight...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.