Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a single System Speaker but I do have a load of LEDs. For some unknown reason my AMD box isn't booting up. I've already reset CMOS and all the right wires are connected. Power supply is more than enough as well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroc1999 View Post

Full system specs please
ASUS M4A79 Deluxe, Phenom II 940 stock clock, 8GB DDR2 800MHz, ASUS 6850 1GB (or MSI GT 430 1GB).

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
You could easily incorporate a simple/small/cheap door buzzer. Like oned of those small ones you have in tech classes etc

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroc1999 View Post

You could easily incorporate a simple/small/cheap door buzzer. Like oned of those small ones you have in tech classes etc
N... no. I don't have any buzzers right now. I'd have to order some from ebay.

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
An LED should work, just connect the 2 wires to any of the 2 outputs on the motherboard. Use anything to connect them. Some stripped Ethernet cable is always good for that kind of stuff

·
Registered
2,923 Posts

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Burning out is only in the long term, I suppose you could make it into a permanent solutions then you will need it. But for a shortbterm then teh risk of burning out is pretty dim, spexcialy because it isnt getting more than a few seconds of power

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
depends on the voltage i guess. i know ive had 12v leds burn immediately without a resistor

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
used an LED from a salvaged computer case. showed nothing, however. The only issue that was shown was the GT 430 (uses no external PCIe power) was pulsating along with the PSU. ASUS 6850 showed no issue and displayed nothing on screen either.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
out of curiosity, I changed the PCIe slot the graphics card was in. BOOM, IT WORKS. I don't even know why. I changed the dual-card setting that I found set to use dual cards. it's working now.

I'm rather interested in why it changed. Before I stored it in the closet, I made sure it worked using the GT 430 and the Phenom II 940 that is in it almost a year ago. it all worked fine then. I bagged the entire system, GPU, case, PSU and all and stored it in the closet on its side (to prevent PCB warping from the DH14 on it).

about the LED: it works FANTASTICALLY. It's very dim while not in use and lights up nice and bright when the beep signal comes in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts