Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update. it's sovled. When I put out one SATA cable, also the PCI-E cable came out. I don't know why. It was not locked I guess. But hey, It's done and the card is working!
thumb.gif

Hi,

My GPU was working fine and after replacing my watercooling system, it stopped working. I've replaced this watercooling 2 times (RMA), and this was the third time. However, the R9 290 will not show in Device Manager as well. Probably it's dead. It doesn't work in the second PCI slot as well. Do you got any suggestions maybe or shall I get a new card and create a RMA ticket (Powercolor... )?

·
Programmer
28,679 Posts
Loosen the screws by half a turn which are connecting the GPU to the water block. This should resolve the issue providing that the GPU is not faulty.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

Loosen the screws by half a turn which are connecting the GPU to the water block. This should resolve the issue providing that the GPU is not faulty.
Sorry for the bad info, I only use watercooling for the CPU. I guess that the waterblock hit the GPU badly or something. I 've no idea. I did this a 2 times before, without issues. But now the GPU died, the fans are working tho.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The MSI Z97 Board Explorer, tells the PCI Slot is empty. I've tried the 16x and also 8x Slot. It all worked fine. Could it help to update BIOS or to re-instell chipset drivers? I just want to be sure, the card is actually dead. Maybe I could go to a computershop tomorrow and test it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts