Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Climbin' in yo windows
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Long time since I've posted a question on here. I bought my girlfriend a biostar A960D+ am3 board and amd fx6300 for eso. I'm trying to reinstall windows but when I try to use the achi protocol, windows says it can't create or find a system partition, no matter if I format the drive and try again. I tried a different drive and same results, so I tried loading the achi driver first onto the window 7 install routine, and the same error occured.

Finally I switch back to native IDE mode and try again, Windows7 is installing now. At this point should I let it install and add the achi driver later, or am I doing something wrong?

There is also a couple of other SATA Settings I'm not sure about: what's difference between Native IDE, Legacy IDE, and IDE-->ACHI

Thanks for your help on this!!

SOLVED:

Turns out the bios made the usb stick the primary boot, I changed it to the SATA drive and it's installing using achi protocol in bios. Derp

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts
What medium are you using to install Windows on? HDD or SSD?

Also is this Windows 8?

·
Climbin' in yo windows
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Windows 7 x64 DVD

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts
HDD or SSD?

Have you tried multiple ports or just using the originally intended port?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:
Turns out the bios made the usb stick the primary boot, I changed it to the SATA drive and it's installing using achi protocol in bios. Derp
You've got to love those duh huh moments in life...lol. Glad you figured it out!
smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts