Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Climbin' in yo windows
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Long time since I've posted a question on here. I bought my girlfriend a biostar A960D+ am3 board and amd fx6300 for eso. I'm trying to reinstall windows but when I try to use the achi protocol, windows says it can't create or find a system partition, no matter if I format the drive and try again. I tried a different drive and same results, so I tried loading the achi driver first onto the window 7 install routine, and the same error occured.

Finally I switch back to native IDE mode and try again, Windows7 is installing now. At this point should I let it install and add the achi driver later, or am I doing something wrong?

There is also a couple of other SATA Settings I'm not sure about: what's difference between Native IDE, Legacy IDE, and IDE-->ACHI

Thanks for your help on this!!

SOLVED:

Turns out the bios made the usb stick the primary boot, I changed it to the SATA drive and it's installing using achi protocol in bios. Derp

·
Climbin' in yo windows
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Windows 7 x64 DVD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.