Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, so I got my monitor in about a half hour ago. I installed it and installed the drivers. I have it connected through DVI to my video card. The problem is that I can't adjust the resolution and make the picture fit the full screen. I have tons of black space to fill. If anyone needs to know, it's this monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...44&Tpk=hanns-g

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Formula7 View Post
Alright guys, so I got my monitor in about a half hour ago. I installed it and installed the drivers. I have it connected through DVI to my video card. The problem is that I can't adjust the resolution and make the picture fit the full screen. I have tons of black space to fill. If anyone needs to know, it's this monitor.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...44&Tpk=hanns-g
CCC should have an option to adjust the screen positioning.
I can't remember exactly where it is but, have a look around.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a button, but the only thing i can adjust is where the picture sits on the screen. In order to widen and lengthen i apparently can only do that with a VGA input and the only input my video card has is a DVI.

Btw, here it is!

·
Registered
310 Posts
In CCC, goto Desktop and Displays. Select the black triangle on the top right of the monitor then select configure.

on the tabs at the top, goto scaling and adjust the (underscan/overscan) bar till it fits the whole screen. I have this is with my 40" 1080p screen and forcing Overscan fixes the issue.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
From what I see in the link to the monitor, you are using a DVI>HDMI cable.

In CCC, there are two settings to check.

Start CCC in advanced mode.

In the left pane, select display manager, and check to see that your desktop area is 1920x1080, on the right side. If not change it.

The other option is under the "Digital Panel" section. Check the box for "Image scaling" then the radio button for "scale image to full panel size.

Also, because you are making an HDMI connection, you may need to go into the HDTV support section of "Digital Panel", and add 1080p to the display manager.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by IdPlease View Post
In CCC, goto Desktop and Displays. Select the black triangle on the top right of the monitor then select configure.

on the tabs at the top, goto scaling and adjust the (underscan/overscan) bar till it fits the whole screen. I have this is with my 40" 1080p screen and forcing Overscan fixes the issue.
Could you send a pic? I have no idea where that triangle is.

And CCC means (sorry for my noobery)?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by HITandRUN View Post
According to the manuals page 12 you have a Auto adjust in the menu. Use it!

Only lets me do that if I'm using VGA. I'm using HDMI-DVI.

No VGA ports on my back panel.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

CCC = Catalyst Control Panel

Piccy Included

* EDIT: I highlighted the triangle in red.
Downloading! =D

My eyes are still getting used to this thing. I was using an old NEC 17" CRT. Lol.

Big jump?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

On the desktop, right click your mouse and then select Catalyst(TM) Control Centre (or panel as I call it) then follow the above instructions I gave you, once complete, this then will give you the full screen image you are wanting.
Got it, but whenever I click on configure, it takes me to the screen below...

?
LL

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HITandRUN View Post
According to the manuals page 12 you have a Auto adjust in the menu. Use it!

Look at page 15 in your manual.

When the aspect ratio of screen is distorted, you may make adjustments by using this function.「FULL」indicates full screen display, which does not ensure the image is shown as is or in initial scale. 「FIT」indicates scaling by the proportion of original images, which may cause the screen showing black bands.

Also Page 16, Choose「VIDEO MODE」or 「PC MODE」for video transmission. While using HDMI or HDMI to DVI ports for video transmission, the video will appear cut off slightly around the edge; choose「PC MODE」to view videos with complete image. (VIDEO MODE only functions for inputs from HDMI or DVI that supports HDCP video (YUV format))

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by xandypx View Post
Look at page 15 in your manual.

When the aspect ratio of screen is distorted, you may make adjustments by using this function.「FULL」indicates full screen display, which does not ensure the image is shown as is or in initial scale. 「FIT」indicates scaling by the proportion of original images, which may cause the screen showing black bands.

Also Page 16, Choose「VIDEO MODE」or 「PC MODE」for video transmission. While using HDMI or HDMI to DVI ports for video transmission, the video will appear cut off slightly around the edge; choose「PC MODE」to view videos with complete image. (VIDEO MODE only functions for inputs from HDMI or DVI that supports HDCP video (YUV format))
It's was in full and PC mode when I first got it in and on, still black bands...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Did you try the overscan function Formula7 ? and i'm sure you running in the native mode of 1920*1050
Yea, I just did. I had to update my drivers and restart to get it to take me to the configuration screen. I did the overscan and am now at the full display. Thanks guys! SOLVED

1 - 20 of 22 Posts