Overclock.net banner

[Solved][UK] Trouble sourcing 9600GSO for SLI'ing

562 views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  mania_maniac 
#1 ·
My card is a XFX 9600GSO DDR3 384MB XXXX edition
Resolution = 1280 X 1024 for now....I have multimonitors but alas, no eyefinity for me lol

I was just about to get myself another 9600GSO to SLI with my current 939 build as I've got my hands on a new mobo

I'm having trouble sourcing any shops or even fleabay for that matter for 9600GSOs in the UK. I've seen plenty of places (inc. the sales/wanted section on this forum) in the US but the UK seems to be empty....which is strange because I only bought my 9600GSO a year ago....

I've read that the 9600GSO is either a re-branded 8800gs or a crippled 8800gts. I don't want to go and get a 8800gs to find that the BIOS flash won't work though....

As I don't have enough reps I can't make a thread in the Wanted section....

I would appreciate it if any of you guys can show me some dealers who sell them cheap (ie. under 50 pounds
Mad isn't it lol). It would be even better if any of you have one lying around...

See less See more
#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mania_maniac
View Post

I'm having trouble sourcing any shops or even fleabay for that matter for 9600GSOs in the UK.

I would appreciate it if any of you guys can show me some dealers who sell them cheap (ie. under 50 pounds
Mad isn't it lol). It would be even better if any of you have one lying around...

If you didn't know....fleabay AKA eBay

And didn't you get that I wanted somewhere in the UK?

PS. Please read my post before posting

Quote:

Originally Posted by davista111
View Post

Bit silly, have you tried ebay? and from international sellers?

#14 ·
In fact, you're even more of an EPIC fail because the page even says

Quote:

LFH-59 cables from Cables to Go provide a connection between NVIDIA Quadro, PNY, or Matrox multiple display graphics cards.

Please stop wasting my time
just joking lulz

Just be more helpfull next time lol

#17 ·
Does SLI even support 4 monitors?
I was under the impression that it supports 3 monitors, and thats only with 2xx/4xx series cards. So no good to you.

To run 4 monitors you do not SLI, thus no need for you to get the hard for you to find 9600GSO card.

Any card that is supported by the same driver package as your existing card will do.

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by merple
View Post

Does SLI even support 4 monitors?
I was under the impression that it supports 3 monitors, and thats only with 2xx/4xx series cards. So no good to you.

To run 4 monitors you do not SLI, thus no need for you to get the hard for you to find 9600GSO card.

Any card that is supported by the same driver package as your existing card will do.

Yep....only 2 monitors for when in SLI but I'll only be setting SLI on when I do some gaming which makes sense right?

PS. A HD3870 won't work in conjunction with a 9600GSO on the same nForce4 chipset mobo will it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.