Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone if anyone knows any good pads that will fit the M50's? I getting kinda tired of the pleather pads it comes with.

I was checking out this post:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/414574/velour-felt-pads-for-ath-m50/60

if you to lazy to click it says the DT250's are a close enough fit to work but just figured i would check here with my OCN faithfuls to see if you have any other ideas or opinions. thanks

something like this.....
hw5Hi.jpg

also i don't mind if the sound changes much since i only use them for gaming...

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whipple16;12502891
well after lots of lost hope they have finally shipped....... hopefully I will be able to make this mod work after 3 months
Keep us updated.. I really want to do this with my ATH-M50s...

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBaiter;13110411
I just got a pair for my M-50s.
Sweetwater was out so I ordered it from B&H.
got mine from guitar center and they match prices so it was the same price as B&H+tax! i was willing to pay for the tax so i can get it already
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
540 Posts
Support your gruberment...

I paid taxes at B&H so I could have it shipped to my store...the less my wife sees the better...since I did run over my tax refund spending money.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBaiter;13111154
Support your gruberment...

I paid taxes at B&H so I could have it shipped to my store...the less my wife sees the better...since I did run over my tax refund spending money.
biggrin.gif
idk what gruberment means but yea start burning them in
smile.gif
50 hours atleast
smile.gif

·
Registered
540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankth3frizz;13111263
idk what gruberment means but yea start burning them in
smile.gif
50 hours atleast
smile.gif
taxes for the government...The Man's gotta get paid too, so they can write tax refund checks.
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
540 Posts
I got em today and swapped out the OEM pleather ones.
Sounds about the same, but there is more leakage and less isolation. It's a little different but not in a bad or good way...just a bit different...I hear the ambient noise a bit more so that might be why.
It is definitely more comfortable, and no mo sweaty ears...LoL

·
Premium Member
7,969 Posts
I feel with mine, the sound change that occurs is the resonance of the bass drops, so it sounds as though there is a bit more "oomph" with the lows. To me atleast, the sound is a bit more immersive, and the headphones really seem to shine with these pads.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts