Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 4 16435 WUs since 4/23 that simply refuse to upload, 2 per each of my Titan X cards, which are not overclocked. Meanwhile, I have had a handful of 16435 WUs and many other WUs upload without issue in that time. Client restarts have no effect besides resetting the upload attempt counter. Any idea what could be to blame here?

Attachments

·
Here we go again
90 Posts
I have seen this before. Normally a PC restart resolves for me. Over the last couple of years, I have only had 1 or 2 that refused to upload at all and that was about a month ago. I ended up deleting my folding slots, waiting for the work queue to clear then adding back and continuing on.

The pause and restart had no impact for me either. Only a full restart of the machine. I didn't dig, but I'm pretty sure it was a network issue for me. I was either routed to a different server after upload or it cleared the issue I had locally.

Edit to add info about the pause

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen this before. Normally a PC restart resolves for me. Over the last couple of years, I have only had 1 or 2 that refused to upload at all and that was about a month ago. I ended up deleting my folding slots, waiting for the work queue to clear then adding back and continuing on.

The pause and restart had no impact for me either. Only a full restart of the machine. I didn't dig, but I'm pretty sure it was a network issue for me. I was either routed to a different server after upload or it cleared the issue I had locally.

Edit to add info about the pause
Unfortunately a reboot does not appear to have changed anything for me, still getting the same errors as before.

I am not seeing any issues on that server and I could not find any mention of it on the folding forums. You could start a thread here: https://foldingforum.org/viewforum.php?f=19 and see if anyone has any info.
Will do, thanks for the direction.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
I have had 4 16435 WUs since 4/23 that simply refuse to upload, 2 per each of my Titan X cards, which are not overclocked. Meanwhile, I have had a handful of 16435 WUs and many other WUs upload without issue in that time. Client restarts have no effect besides resetting the upload attempt counter. Any idea what could be to blame here?
Looks like the work server and the collection server are both having issues. https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=34744

I am not seeing any issues on that server and I could not find any mention of it on the folding forums. You could start a thread here: https://foldingforum.org/viewforum.php?f=19 and see if anyone has any info.
Just a heads up that 16435 is a beta WU, so you won't be able to get any help in the folding forum. That's one of the somewhat odd rules that [email protected] has with beta WUs. There is a beta team that tests WUs before they go to advanced and then to full [email protected]

I have successfully folded a number of those units, so I think it's just a server problem at the moment.

*Edit* Just saw your post on the folding forum. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
same here. just been letting it sit at sending, either the unit will expire, or it will upload. I can wait.

·
Once more into the Fold
2,911 Posts
Looks like the work server and the collection server are both having issues. https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=34744

Just a heads up that 16435 is a beta WU, so you won't be able to get any help in the folding forum. That's one of the somewhat odd rules that [email protected] has with beta WUs. There is a beta team that tests WUs before they go to advanced and then to full [email protected]

I have successfully folded a number of those units, so I think it's just a server problem at the moment.

I was wondering why I had not seen that project come my way...thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I was not aware of the beta limitation and posted a thread in the public area, but it looks like it was moved. I will look into formally joining the beta group in the future.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
I was not aware of the beta limitation and posted a thread in the public area, but it looks like it was moved. I will look into formally joining the beta group in the future.

I wouldn't sweat it. As long as you have an account on the folding forum, you can read everything that is happening in the beta forum. Normally there are only a few WUs moving through from beta to advanced to [email protected], but everything is crazy right now, so there are new WUs cycling through almost daily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts