Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently upgraded a few bits on my pc and caught a bug! Not a virus but a modding bug, I can't help myself and need to know what you guys would reccommend next?

I really need to upgrade my RAM and I was looking at OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400 Gold Series (2 x 1GB), any good?

Also need to upgrade GFX card. My 6600GT just can't produce the textures I'm after and I've been looking at the 7800GT, any good?

Also my hardrive needs to be quicker. Any ideas on a fast Sata hardrive, prefferably about 80-120 GB.

All comments welcome and thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
You can't run DDR2 ram. AMd is only runng DDR ram. Look into the new 7600/7900 series for not much more.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah! Thanks! Good job I didn't already order it or I'd be selling it on here. So DDR is what I need, what do you reccommend on a £220 budget? after 2gb.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
the 7600 is cheaper than the 7800, only a little more $ then the 6800GS

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
The New Raptors screem!
There is some good referances in the HD section's data base!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cellador

I've recently upgraded a few bits on my pc and caught a bug! Not a virus but a modding bug, I can't help myself and need to know what you guys would reccommend next?

I really need to upgrade my RAM and I was looking at OCZ DDR2 PC2-5400 Gold Series (2 x 1GB), any good?

Also need to upgrade GFX card. My 6600GT just can't produce the textures I'm after and I've been looking at the 7800GT, any good?

Also my hardrive needs to be quicker. Any ideas on a fast Sata hardrive, prefferably about 80-120 GB.

All comments welcome and thanks in advance.

OCZ Platinum rev 2 is some good ocig RAM, the 7600gt is a great card and will more than supply what you would be looking for. The 7800 is going to run you a bit more with a little bit more performance. As far as HD's go you could go with any of the Western Digital SATA 3.0g drives, they range ion 80g and up in sizes and can be found cheap with just an oem package.

Dunno the best site for pc stuf in the uk or id give you some links

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
and FYI the 7600GT has destroyed the 6800GS in most all benchmarks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts