Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am going to be getting the parts for my computer soon. And need to know some things........ok.

Im going to be getting this :
Motherboard : ASUS Rampage Extreme LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard
This Video Card
DIAMOND 4870X2PE52GXOC Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit (256-bit x 2) GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor
PSU
Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1000 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

Question 1 : Does this Hardware work well together?
Question 2 : I am looking for some good DDR3 ram for this build and need some help on picking one. Could someone help me?

I was going to go with Nvidia but desided to change my mind. ATI has got ahold of me. But with going with ATI I had to change my product list around alittle but with the Mobo and GPU.
Thanks again guy's. You always got good advise........

·
Expand Always in Always
4,596 Posts
None of your links seem to work,for me atleast.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That should help better.........instead of links I just added what they are. lol

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I need DDR3 Ram........but not sure what's half way decent out there for it. lol

·
Expand Always in Always
4,596 Posts
I've heard good things about the OCZ Platinum kit x2s3w4 recommended.Your system is going to be a good one,make sure to start a build log.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
K i went with the OCZ ones. They look like they will do the best. Thanks for your help guy's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts