Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On this video guy nicely explain why some version of D5 mostly new PWM version example EKWB D5 G2 but I heard and about XSPC version with SATA connector etc have some small metal parts on impellers and they cause vibration on tops where previous older and more similar to original Laing D5 work normal.
Guy didn't had other solution than to drill little D5 Distro for EKWB D5 G2 with all others pump from his stock worked normal.
Probably metal parts cause to impeller need more space and more touch channel on top.
Because of that EK probably start to give Soft Rubber with D5 Revo tops and advice me to tight less D5 G2 PWM in top.

You can say what you want, only PC stores sell Laing D5 under different names for 70-90$, others still with Laing name same pumps without PWM sell for 200-250$.
If I need to buy D5 now I would find smallest seller who sell much less stuff than bigger and famous seller with oldest stock of MCP655 with speed controller.
Than I would be sure that pump don't survive changes at least 5 years.

When factories decide to change one, only single one capacitor, controller, wire to be thicker or thinner, to add or remove parts in impeller or body that was not more of Laing D5 and pump would need same time to earn glory of pump with first design.

I think he talk about these small metals inside... they are different or not exist at all on original pump.

If someone say to someone "Buy any D5 they are same original Laing D5 only PWM, only this, only that...
I will jump from his monitor and eat his fingers and he will click and kill enemies with mid leg.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
The metal inserts are balance weights. AFAIK, the impellers have always had them. The EK D5 in the video may have been defective, as I had an EK D5 that came in an EK DBAY reservoir that rattled and vibrated new once it was filled. EK replaced it and it wasn’t a newer D5....this was back in 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
662 Posts
I don't understand English so please which are the safe buy pumps?

·
Registered
221 Posts
I made lot of research about D5 pumps....ear some problems with EK variants...

Last week i buy a Watercool D5 Vario. Don`t trust PMW stuff.

I hope i did a good option. I saw that video and also read somewhere else about issues with propeller touching reservoirs.....very bad.

Defenily VP755 is to avoid.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I made lot of research about D5 pumps....ear some problems with EK variants...

Last week i buy a Watercool D5 Vario. Don`t trust PMW stuff.

I hope i did a good option. I saw that video and also read somewhere else about issues with propeller touching reservoirs.....very bad.

Defenily VP755 is to avoid.
Which among these did you buy?

1- http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/secf75c0b408b/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/30047
2- http://shop.watercool.de/epages/WatercooleK.sf/secf75c0b408b/?ObjectPath=/Shops/WatercooleK/Products/30049

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,071 Posts
If someone say to someone "Buy any D5 they are same original Laing D5 only PWM, only this, only that...
I will jump from his monitor and eat his fingers and he will click and kill enemies with mid leg.
Why are you showing pics of an E3 200-240V pump made for potable water applications as reference rather than a D5? Maybe you should just buy an E3, plug it into the wall, and drop your D5 conspiracy investigation that has yielded no actual facts.

·
Banned
3,726 Posts
Why are you showing pics of an E3 200-240V pump made for potable water applications as reference rather than a D5? Maybe you should just buy an E3, plug it into the wall, and drop your D5 conspiracy investigation that has yielded no actual facts.

it does not take much research to prove that the new EK D5 G2 PWM water pump, is not a reference pump. I noticed this when it was first released, and warned others about buying this product because the electronics have not been proven to last.

their are several PWM versions of the D5 pump that I will not buy, because the electronics have not been around long enough to prove that they will last, or the pump has already been proven to be faulty.

·
Registered
221 Posts

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,071 Posts
it does not take much research to prove that the new EK D5 G2 PWM water pump, is not a reference pump. I noticed this when it was first released, and warned others about buying this product because the electronics have not been proven to last.

their are several PWM versions of the D5 pump that I will not buy, because the electronics have not been around long enough to prove that they will last, or the pump has already been proven to be faulty.
The fact that PWM versions have added electronics is well known. All fo them, not just EK. But, were you following the D5 conspiracy through the seemingly endless threads he has posted it in, it is not PWM pumps or the electronics that are in question.

·
Banned
3,726 Posts
The fact that PWM versions have added electronics is well known. All fo them, not just EK. But, were you following the D5 conspiracy through the seemingly endless threads he has posted it in, it is not PWM pumps or the electronics that are in question.

oh, well that is unfortunate, as no conspiracy is needed. I feel bad for companies developing new pumps, because people like me realize that most of them will fail. the 755 being a prime example of this. all I was trying to convey is that the best practice, in my opinion, is to only get pump styles that are at least 7 years old, and still have good reviews about the pump still running.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Someone ask for good D5... These two...

https://www.dazmode.com/store/shop/watercooling/pumps/pump-motors/d5-vario-8-24v-pump-wtach-cable-option-mcp655-and-etc/

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA85V46C6137&Description=swiftech mcp655&cm_re=swiftech_mcp655-_-35-108-082-_-Product

Did you hear that guy say Only difference he recognize, on only problematic pump from 5 tested on video is small parts on EK D5 G2 PWM and other 4 models don't have that at all, or don't have exactly same. I couldn't see what is true. Don;t have them at all, or they are different than on only problematic pump?
IF HE FIX PUMP VIBRATION DRILLING RESERVOIR, TOP OR D5 DISTRO THAT'S OBVIOUS CASE FOR AVOIDING. BECAUSE PUMP NEED MORE SPACE AND BECAUSE OF THAT YOUR CASES VIBRATE MORE.
YOU CAN DEFEND PEOPLE WHO MAKE SUCH MISTAKES DURING PRODUCTION AS MUCH YOU WANT, BUT THERE IS A TWO OPTIONS.

1. HARDWARE STORE WHO SELL LAING D5 38/810N FOR 250-300$ AND BUY THEM ARE IDIOTS.
2. LAING D5 38/810N WITH PRICE 250$+ ARE DIFFERENT SOMEHOW THAN PUMPS OFFER IN COMPUTER STORES.

No 3rd option. You can say they have Bronze top, it's Strong version, it's different wattage, yes, all of this true, but among them is and 810N model with absolutely same specification, strength, port size and top as pump sold in computer stores as XSPC, EK, Alphacool, etc with price 250$ and Laing sticker.

There is a two much coincidence, to EK start to offer D5 Rubber Dumper exactly in period when they start to sell PWM pump.
And to tell If pump vibrate more use other soft rubber. Why? We know how much D5 vibrate after 15 years of use.
I can't say is it Lowara with Speed Controller same as 4 other pumps, or is it Watercool WCP D5 wSpeed Controller or Watercool non WCP D5 wSpeed same as other pumps on video clips who didn't cause vibration on normal top. Actually that's not top, that's distro carefully made for D5 impeller and one of pump EK D5 G2 PWM vibrate until he drill more Distro and than pump worked like others.

His conclusions is probably that now heavier impeller spin faster and spin on slightly more distance because these metal parts who make him heavier.

"Which among these did you buy?

1- http://shop.watercool.de/epages/Wate...Products/30047
2- http://shop.watercool.de/epages/Wate...Products/30049"

And I would like to know answer on that question.
Logic say model with Stainless Steel WCP, but again cheaper variant is older stock and less chance that they change something.
And I would like to know answer that would save me importing from Canada or USA Swiftech MCP655TM wSpeed Controller or Laing D5 Ecocirc from DazMode site.
He say Original Laing D5 rebrended later by EK, and others. Some people say that's like EK Lowara.

My EK-D5 G2 PWM vibrate, He vibrate worse on 55-70% than on 70-100%.
On speed where she need to be used most of time he make worse vibration, than after that vibration become less but pump motor noise is stronger.
And EK when I asked RMA answer to me Don't tight pump in top too much. I didn't tight much, I tight less then default but I could allow water to leak.

Their answer perfectly fit with solution of this guy. They tried to explain me if I don't tight pump to much space between impeller and channel inside will be lower.
Same as guy on video make him bigger with drilling and stop vibration and grinding noise. But you can't tight D5 Ring if rubber and D5 is not pushed properly.

·
Banned
3,726 Posts
I own koolance, swiftech, and aqua computers pumps. they all work well, and will last. so yes every time a company alters the pump that change may effect the pump in a negative way. so it is always a good idea to wait, when a new pump is brought to market.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Exactly and they change In negative direction most of time.
Because they obvious didn't like original German Laing D5 and than start to work on her and that affect on us and everything is worsen by people who constantly repeat all of them are same, that's Laing D5.

OK then buy EK D5 Gen2 and VP755 Alphacool and you will get what you ask and then complain on self because listen people and not research itself.

Swiftech is most famous D5. Because they start to offer them first, and up to 2009 Laing Germany produce them, and who knows how long stocks hold them and glory of them last today and still most advice go to MCP655, but they implement PWM version and now have same as other companies.

I could keep EKWB D5 G2 PWM max on 50% in silence, that's between 2-3 speed on Controller.
On Speed 3 3300 RPM vibrate is worse than on 4 or 5. I hope 50% is enough until new platform and then I will buy CPU Block and D5 without PWM.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
OK then buy EK D5 Gen2 and VP755 Alphacool and you will get what you ask and then complain on self because listen people and not research itself.
The EK D5 G2 is a Laing D5 pump, the VP755 by Alphacool is a China made D5 clone, so don't classify them as the same.

·
Registered
662 Posts
A segunda. The second one.;)
Thank you in Portuguese. Lol.

Had you have any experience with some D5 beafore?

I search the quietest pump or pump+volute or pump+volute+reservoir out there. I still do not know what is.

·
Registered
221 Posts
No.
Before i did use aquarium pump EHEIM made in Germany for may years...

The reservator i did choose was HEatkiller 100Ml D5.

Some photos:

Not the most fashion style system, but works flawless

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I become angry when EKWB ignore me to replace me D5 pump because vibration and noise.
Because I bought from them a lot of parts they should help me because they knew for D5 G2 PWM is more problematic than Lowara D5 non PWM.
They would send me Lowara D5 I would send them EK D5 G2 crossshiping and problem would be over.
Because my pump is only and I can't RMA and wait them 15 days.

·
Registered
662 Posts
No.
Before i did use aquarium pump EHEIM made in Germany for may years...

The reservator i did choose was HEatkiller 100Ml D5.

Some photos:

Not the most fashion style system, but works flawless
I can't see tour pics. i don't know why.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts