Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT: Just forget about it. I can only find the monitor as refurbished, I am not getting a dual screen set up.

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsilva View Post
Hey guys, just made some money from my birthday and I was thinking of picking up another one of my monitors. I have a stock 5770. If I use eyefinity, will I be able to make sure games only stay on one monitor? Because having them on 2 would tax a 5770 way too much and in certain games like FPS' it would just be impossible to play with a split down the middle. Also, what would the reaction be from the computer if I switched the source on one of the screens while using Eyefinity? Would it just resume normally and still allow me to use the other screen? Seems like a simple question but hey, weird things have happened to me with switching screen sources.

Thanks!
Playing a game on one screen and doing other stuff on another is not eyefinity. Eyefinity is playing a game through multiple monitors. You're just multi-tasking with 2 screens. In games in full screen you cannot do this because the mouse will be "stuck" on the game screen. Therefore, it is best to play the game in windowed mode (maximized) on your first screen and do whatever on the 2nd screen.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowclock
View Post

Playing a game on one screen and doing other stuff on another is not eyefinity. Eyefinity is playing a game through multiple monitors. You're just multi-tasking with 2 screens. In games in full screen you cannot do this because the mouse will be "stuck" on the game screen. Therefore, it is best to play the game in windowed mode (maximized) on your first screen and do whatever on the 2nd screen.

Eyefinity is a system developed by ATI to allow multiple screens to be joined to work as one. Stop trying to tell me what it is. I didn't even say if I wanted to be able to play a game on one screen while doing something on the other, I was just asking questions. Answer them or don't bother rambling.

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsilva
View Post

Eyefinity is a system developed by ATI to allow multiple screens to be joined to work as one. Stop trying to tell me what it is. I didn't even say if I wanted to be able to play a game on one screen while doing something on the other, I was just asking questions. Answer them or don't bother rambling.

With that hostility how do you expect to get help?

You asked:

Quote:

If I use eyefinity, will I be able to make sure games only stay on one monitor?

Then why would you use eyefinity? That is the reason why I explained it because it didn't seem that you knew what it was intended to be used for. If you have two monitors and you only want one used for gaming then you just want the second monitor doing nothing but sitting there? You're making no sense and again your hostility is unwarranted.

I see your questions are now irrelevant due to you not even getting a second monitor so I won't bother answering them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts