Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just built up my other rig but the part i always hate is the pin placement for the case connectors.

Well i have a part on the motherboard labeled FP thats where these connectors are supposed to go, but thats all it says FP no placement on where these pins should go.

Power SW, Reset SW, HDD LED, Pwr LED+ and Pwr LED-

So the FP pannel is a 7 pin (yep) and all of the above are 2 pins except the
Pwr LED+ and Pwr LED- that are 1 pins

So is there a certain known pattern these are supposed to go in or not coz i cant get it working :/

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
look it up in the manual?

or look online for the manual.

most of the time there is a diagram in the manual for a motherboard for placement of panel connectors

what motherboard exactly do you have?

·
Super Moderator
19,302 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately this is one of the few things in PC building that, long-term, you'll need to remember or at least keep the manual for. That's the only thing that can truly help you right now is the motherboard's diagram for that pin set.

·
Banned
4,703 Posts
Grab a torch and look on the motherboard. The 7-pin connector has nothing to do with the PWR SW and RS SW.

With your torch, look for a bunch of pins (usually in the lower left, CPU being the upper right) and they should be labeled in hard to see writing (thus, torch)

Take a picture, if you can. We can tell you exactly where to put each wire, then.

·
Banned
4,703 Posts
It's actually the other way round, you know. The English Language is very much an English thing. We've been speaking it much longer, and as a result, many British people feel they have a claim to it. But it's about the same difference as a Tap = Faucet. Me, personally, I know a flashlight is chiefly used in photography to illuminate the subject. However, in the states is also means, well, a torch. This is cool by me, as both English speaking subjects, colloquialisms make us diverse and interesting to one and other

But yes, the OP should post some pictures of the board so we can tell him where to put the case connectors. Praise the Asus Q-Connector for making life much easier =D

·
Registered
657 Posts
Manual should have it, my 939 foxconn does the new one I used the manual for, the one thing is you have to search the board for the diagram in my experience...not much help but if you post the model name or a picture im sure someone will be able to help you

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten
View Post

It's actually the other way round, you know. The English Language is very much an English thing. We've been speaking it much longer, and as a result, many British people feel they have a claim to it. But it's about the same difference as a Tap = Faucet. Me, personally, I know a flashlight is chiefly used in photography to illuminate the subject. However, in the states is also means, well, a torch. This is cool by me, as both English speaking subjects, colloquialisms make us diverse and interesting to one and other

its interesting how languages evolve

back on topic tho,

a pic or specific mobo model is necessary if the OP wants any further advice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts