Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering....i just got a new pc build it was a budget pc and i got it all together and everything it all works fine but it seems like it not running as good as it should or mabey i just suspected more out of it idk but here my specs

Nvidia 9800GT EVGA 512mb
ASUS m3a78-cm
2GB ram
AMD 64 X2 5600+ 2.9
i get get a solid 100fps in cod4 it goes higher i just got it set their and in CSS i get an average of 188fps but when im in game its not that high it goes between 90 and 150 it just seems like it should be higher idk i thought it might be my graphic card if i were to go up to a GTX280 would i get alot better fps or wat?

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
Well your card is not that great of a card.Meaning its not a high end card.It will play games but you wont get the performance of the higher end cards.A 280 is a good choice but you can get the performance your after in a 9800 GTX+ or a 260.For the record the fps your getting seem pretty good for that card.I have a XFX 9800 GTX+ that gets 800+ fps in certain servers in Cod4.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Get 2 more GB of RAM and upgrade the video card. As was already suggested, a 9800gtx+ or better should get you the results you want.

·
Initializing...
23,796 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blazn2much
View Post

ok thx and a question, i have windows xp professional 32bit will it read 4gb or wat

No its going to read around 3.5GB it wont use all 4GB of the ram. If you want to then you have to get 64bit OS.

·
Fettered Firewall
2,491 Posts
RAM = Random Access Memory

It's the IC's (integrated circuits) full of memory chips that store the volatile data while your PC is online. The OS loads data, from various sources including Hard Drive, CD Drive, Network, etc; into RAM to execute the program or analyze the data.

More RAM = More buffer to load data/applications into thus making the system more efficient. RAM runs MUCH faster than the other media listed above and has been a cornerstone of PC as well much earlier architectures since computing was born.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts