Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought all the parts for my computer including a Corsair H150i and realized that it wasn't big enough to fit in my case, the Corsair Obsidian 1000D, so it looks like I'll need to do a custom water cooling solution.

I was just wondering what advice you guys have on going about this. Should I use a water cooling kit, and if so what are some good ones? I'd like to do this all for under $250 if possible. If I put it all together myself and don't use a custom kit, what are some good brands that I should look into for the radiator, pump, fittings, etc? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Hi there

Running AIO in such case is just waste for start,I would probably choose different case as start but that's me, but that's not the option for you

Corsair 1000D supports dual 480mm radiators at front and top 360mm, for radiators check usual brands like is Hardware Labs(HWLabs), EK, XSPC, Magicool, Barrow etc

For fittings I highly recommend Barrow or Bykski, both companies I use and no issues

For pump and reservoir, XSPC or Monsoon MMRS, for budget builds Bykski or Barrow are nice pump reservoir combos,

For waterblocks this really depends, Watercool HEATKILLER IV Pro are my favourite with Aquacomputer Kryos range, but XSPC range is pretty good there

If $250 would be enough hard to say, but I would say you will be stretching this budget a lot

Just final recommendation,don't mix materials, if you use Copper or nickel don't use aluminium in loop, that's ot, you can mix copper or brass with nickel and vice versa

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

·
WaterCooler
1,341 Posts
Are you looking at doing a CPU only loop or are you adding the GPU as well? $250 is a pretty low budget for a custom loop unless you want to do the aliexpress route with a cheapy pump/res. I have built a full cpu/gpu loop for about $250 that way, but it was for a system that didn't get a lot of use. I wouldn't trust one of those pumps to run 24/7 and the noise from them is kinda loud. For a good quality pump/res you're going to be looking at the $150 range just for that.

For your situation I think one of these kits with a D5 pump would be best and give you the option to expand later.

·
Registered
180 Posts
You could go with a Swiftech MCP50X and the pump reservoir kit from Swiftech. That would get you the pump and res for less than $100.

That would you leave you with $150 for a block, rad, fittings, tubing, and fans...

Tight budget.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,201 Posts

·
Totally Tubular
1,508 Posts
Barrow fittings are good quality and inexpensive (for flex tubing anyway -- have never looked into hard tube fittings at all).

D5 pump would be recommended. I've used EKWB and Watercool brands with no issues.

Hardware Labs radiators are widely regarded as the best performers.

If you're going to do RGB fans in the front of the 1000D case, make sure you plan for using eight fans -- it doesn't look right with less than eight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts