Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im planning to build a dual CPU workstation/gaming system with a somewhat good CPU OC (Six core 3.33ghz -> 4.0ghz), and I want some advice on which type of cooling I should get (Air or Liquid). I know theres a lot of guides around for these types of questions, but Im planning to keep this system for a while (5+ yrs) and running mostly 24/7. I dont mind doing light maintenance, a bit of noise and changing parts if they break, but I wanna know which, of liquid cooling or air cooling, would give me the best reliability and stability while keeping the temps at decent levels.

Thanks for your answers and sorry if this question has already been asked before

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot for your anwser, but I only seems to find really small workstation/server grade heatsinks, looking a lot like stock coolers, which I doubt would sustain OC. And since im planning this PC to play some games too, I'll have to get some mid range video cards too, which I doubt can fit in the ducted airflow cases required by some workstation/server heatsinks.

I was thinking about liquid cooling because my actual case choice got a lot of space available for this, and it looked like the most stable way to cool down OCed stuff.

Thanks again for your answers

·
Registered
787 Posts
get you 2 heatkiller LT v3.0 blocks for your chips (spring for the 7.95 for the backplates)
get you a xspc 750 pump res combo
get you a swiftech 240 or 320qp rad
8 fittings g1/4 1/2 barb (dont waste your money on compression)
8 hose clamps
10 foot of clear hose 1/2 ID (you'll probably mis-cut a few times)
and 2 or 3 fans depending on which rad
kill coil 99.9% silver 6.95 (anti-algea)
you can do it all for around 200-250.00
www.sidewindercomputers.com has it all at good prices

Enjoy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Satogd View Post
get you 2 heatkiller LT v3.0 blocks for your chips (spring for the 7.95 for the backplates)
get you a xspc 750 pump res combo
get you a swiftech 240 or 320qp rad
8 fittings g1/4 1/2 barb (dont waste your money on compression)
8 hose clamps
10 foot of clear hose 1/2 ID (you'll probably mis-cut a few times)
and 2 or 3 fans depending on which rad
kill coil 99.9% silver 6.95 (anti-algea)
you can do it all for around 200-250.00
www.sidewindercomputers.com has it all at good prices

Enjoy
Thanks a lot for your suggestion, but would a setup like that (with good maintenance ofc) last for 5+ yrs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts