Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No input from my -bigadv rig yesterday (it is in the middle of a WU) but I pulled 15.6k just from a non-overclocked 955 doing normal smp and a 275 at stock 1404 shaders,and they were on the same mobo.

Heat and noise output from the 2 components was very reasonable.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCCstudent View Post
No input from my -bigadv rig yesterday (it is in the middle of a WU) but I pulled 15.6k just from a non-overclocked 955 doing normal smp and a 275 at stock 1404 shaders,and they were on the same mobo.

Heat and noise output from the 2 components was very reasonable.
A non oc'd 955 and a 275 pulling in 15.6K points!?!

My overclocked B55 (essentially a 955) and GTS 250 can never pull over 13K PPD together. :/

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can look at my EOC figures,I have three sources of points operating and the -bigadv rig made no contribution. How about a welldone!, or perhaps even an awesome and one of those little thumbs up figures? or have they all been used up by the 1055 folders?

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
that is some decant ppd your pulling there now go oc that thing

·
Registered
55 Posts
Awesome, well done!

That is pretty good. I've been able to get close to that on a stock i7 930 with 2x 8800gts. Would be a stretch for me to do it with just a single GPU though.

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Should do it again today but I just dropped a 75K -bigadv that should show up at the last update of the period. You know how some days are several thousand points more than others,well it just when the stars align just right.

But Orange a stock 930 (which means normal smp) and two 8800's that ought too be 20K for sure.

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iOrange View Post
Awesome, well done!

That is pretty good. I've been able to get close to that on a stock i7 930 with 2x 8800gts. Would be a stretch for me to do it with just a single GPU though.
lol, you have the exact same setup as me. I can get about 26k with my 930 OC'd to 3.82Ghz and my two 8800gts g92s OC'd as well. If everything was at stock I'd estimate I'd get about 18-20k.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Quote:

You can look at my EOC figures,I have three sources of points operating and the -bigadv rig made no contribution. How about a welldone!, or perhaps even an awesome and one of those little thumbs up figures? or have they all been used up by the 1055 folders?
Haha, I thought the "well done" was indirectly implied in my post.

Anyways...

Nice job!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Quote:

But Orange a stock 930 (which means normal smp) and two 8800's that ought too be 20K for sure.
I can get 20k for sure. I usually don't though because I only have one PC, and it gets used for many other things.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon View Post
lol, you have the exact same setup as me. I can get about 26k with my 930 OC'd to 3.82Ghz and my two 8800gts g92s OC'd as well. If everything was at stock I'd estimate I'd get about 18-20k.
Haha, small world huh? That's pretty good with the 8800's. What do you set the shader clock to? I've OC'd them a bit, and what I've seen is that it will definitely bump my PPD a good amount, but will also produce more failed WU's. Temps have been a problem the past month or so here. But now that they're starting to fall again I'm pushing my clocks again. Got the 930 @ 3.3GHz now, 8800's still at stock for this week.

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No fluke:another day of 16K from my stocked clocked 955 and 1404 shader 275, I was at first thinking it was just how WU's aligned and were recorded.

·
Premium Member
46,114 Posts
Must be the WU issue the others are having.

Check the FAHlog of your GPU client. Are there WUs which start, then complete 100% after ~5 mins?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts