Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The GUI version does it use much as far as resources? How do I go about setting it up on more than one computer and register it with my name? I thought i read something about someone makeing a overclock.net version that was all ready setup for our team.

As far as useing it on a Dual cpu system.. what are the advantages.. i mean i know you have twice the CPU power as there are two but would a Dual 500mhz system work better than a single 1ghz system? I was thinking about putting it up on my BP6 board.

One more thing.. I need some help convincing my father that running my computers 24/7 isnt going to make the electric bill sky rocket and that it isnt going to "burn the house down". I am correct in thinking that computers dont draw a lot of power arent I?

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts
I know that the command line version uses less resources than the gui, but only marginaly. As far as I know, you have to set up the teams manulay, but that is not hard. To set it up on more than one system, just install it twice. The dual cpu system will have a slight advantage.

Oh, and if you keep the monitor off, computers use very little power. (about as much a a light bulb)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts