Overclock.net banner

Some questions about WC.

726 Views 26 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Timlander
I am planning to WC my Q6600 and 2x4850 in a single loop with a dual 120mm rad.

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...cture=Swiftech

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...-Tek%20Customs

http://ncix.com/products/index.php?s...cture=Swiftech

I haven't found any good water blocks for my 4850s yet.

Question 1. Will the Swiftech Radbox be strong enough to hold up the rad + 4 Fans?

Question 2. Is the rad and pump sufficient enough to cool this loop?

Question 3. Is it better to use UV tubing or UV liquid?
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Your going to need a bit more than 2x 120mm rads

I would like to know why you chose them. can you not accomidate a bigger rad. For all of those i would say get a GTX360 or GTX 480..

UV Tubes vs UV liq doesnt really matter. I would go with both.
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
I won't be able to mount 3x120m rads with a radbox. The rad will either extend below my 900 or extend above my 900.
Your just going to have to mount it externaly.

If you can not do that then i would suggest a CPU only loop
Would a single 120mm rad be sufficient enough for a CPU loop? I guess I can add another GPU loop later.
No, you want at least a 2x120 for a quad, preferably a 3x120 for decent temps.
  • Rep+
single rads aren't worth the money or trouble. you'd be better off getting a dual especialyl if its for that quad in your sig rig.
  • Rep+
Get a dual for the cpu. Then later on once your ready make a 2nd loop for the cards. =)
  • Rep+
Ahhh, okay. What about the pump? Do you think it is too strong for a CPU loop? The reason I ask is I want to cut down as much $$$ from my CPU loop so I have enough $$$ for my GPU loop.
I have found that a single 120 rad will help when run:

Res > Pump > 220 > CPU > 120 > GPU

I still run a system like that, but ideally I would have run 2 x 220 rads.

See less See more
  • Rep+
Or just get an external box or make your own for a 480GTX and then u can run 1 loop. WC is amazing when you first get into it.

once you go WC you can never go back

Getting a bigger rad may be more expensive but it will help you in the long run when you upgrade.

That way every time you upgrade you dont have to keep uping the rads
  • Rep+
Okay, so I am going to make a CPU loop for now.

-dual 120mm rad
-mcp655 pump
-dtek fuzion cpu water block

I'll give a complete list in a couple of minutes so you guys can help me review the list. =)
  • Rep+
Quote:

Originally Posted by krazieaznboi
View Post

Okay, so I am going to make a CPU loop for now.

-dual 120mm rad
-mcp655 pump
-dtek fuzion cpu water block

I'll give a complete list in a couple of minutes so you guys can help me review the list. =)

Id get the Fuzion V2 with the Quad plate or else you may run into some problems with your quad
See less See more
What is the difference? They cost exactly the same.
Quote:

Originally Posted by krazieaznboi View Post
What is the difference? They cost exactly the same.
You mean between the V1 and V2?

V2 cools better. I think it's just better all around. New design and mounts better.
See less See more
Well, I just read some quick reviews and the only difference seems to be the mounting mechanism.

you could try something like this with a res with a pump in it. it would leave you room to mount an external rad for your gpus also.
See less See more
  • Rep+
Wow, thanks for taking your time with the picture. How do I mount the rad? Tape?
I would just air cool your two 4850's. It would give you probably very similar results as you watercooling it with the cpu+ video card on a 2x120.

Also the quad nozzle seems to give mixed results.
  • Rep+
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.