Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been bragging about getting a Silverprop Fusion HL for $35. Well I know why it was $35

The main problem with it is the holes on the base are stripped. Don't ask me why Silverporp put threads on the copper in the first place...major design flaw if you ask me, especially when you have steel screws.

Also all of the mounting hardware is screwed up. The idiot that I bought it from did a real number to it. He refunded my money and told me to keep the block...sounds like somebody knew a thing or two before he sent the block.

Anyways I'm going to go to Home Depot to buy a tap and new screws and try to make it work. I'm also going to have to make a new mounting system. I've designed a new one and I'm way too happy with it. I'd sell it to Silverprop if they weren't working on new blocks.

If I can't get this to work I would like to find a good home for the block. I know some people on here have access to machine shops. I'll update this later.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
i do my vocational school has a great machine shop with several million in equipment and a very good teacher i could ask him to work on it.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
keep me in mind, Im not too far from you...

Ive got plenty of friends with the necessary equipment...

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snerp

Well I've been bragging about getting a Silverprop Fusion HL for $35. Well I know why it was $35

The main problem with it is the holes on the base are stripped. Don't ask me why Silverporp put threads on the copper in the first place...major design flaw if you ask me, especially when you have steel screws.

Also all of the mounting hardware is screwed up. The idiot that I bought it from did a real number to it. He refunded my money and told me to keep the block...sounds like somebody knew a thing or two before he sent the block.

Anyways I'm going to go to Home Depot to buy a tap and new screws and try to make it work. I'm also going to have to make a new mounting system. I've designed a new one and I'm way too happy with it. I'd sell it to Silverprop if they weren't working on new blocks.

If I can't get this to work I would like to find a good home for the block. I know some people on here have access to machine shops. I'll update this later.

Send me the dimensions of that part you need, and I'll machine it for you.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun

Send me the dimensions of that part you need, and I'll machine it for you.

Well if you feel like fixing the whole damn block for me I'll send it to you and pay you like $5 for your time if you like...I'm poor

I was taping the copper block and my tap broke off in it. I just about threw the whole thing across the room.

so yeah....this is devil block.

·
Premium Member
2,485 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snerp

Well if you feel like fixing the whole damn block for me I'll send it to you and pay you like $5 for your time if you like...I'm poor

I was taping the copper block and my tap broke off in it. I just about threw the whole thing across the room.

so yeah....this is devil block.

Sure, I'll need the experience for a project I'll be starting soon (the measurements I requested.
). Just one question, (Not that it matters, but I might change how I fabricate it.), do the barbs screw off? Do you care a lot about looks (I can make it look super professional if you need, just give me another day or two.)? How mush space do you have to work with, etc. Feel free to PM me. (If you can.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts