Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to this website and followed all the steps. http://www.diy-computer-repairs.com/.../#comment-1853

Well except for the part where it says only 3 different SPL's could use this flash, mine is 2.0.8, I work graveyard so I'm a bit tired, misread the next step and saw where it said 2.0.8 would work, so blah I do everything and now I'm screwed. Android doesn't work and its a barebone windows mobile, doesnt even have texting!! Someone please help me install FROYO on my HD2! Goddamn XDA-Forums have been down all day!

·
Hold on to your butts!
3,213 Posts
This is what it said right on the top.

"Read the number there, if it is not SPL 1.42, 1.62 or 1.66, you cannot proceed with the flash, your device must be those listed above"

Ok nvm I read down a little further forget what I said.

I have a droid and I flashed 2.2 on it. I go to www.droidforums.net try looking for answers there.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol I can't believe I missed that part, AGAIN I work nights sooo haha, eh I don't want to join another forum, I have a G1 and flashed 2.2 on it too, but damn I HATE WinMo. Searched everywhere with no answer.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by APOLLOSTEES View Post
So if I read you right you didn't brick the phone. You are very fortunate.

In that case you should be able to just restart the process.
Yes I got lucky thank god! I don't even know what the process is now, I flashed it to 2.0.8.hspl from 2.0.8.0000, I seriously need a total step by step process with links and all, so lost right now.

·
Registered
330 Posts
SPL or HSPL is only need for flashing windows mobile roms and radios and has nothing to do with running android on the hd2. You could run android straight off the stock rom and radio if you wanted although calls and stability would be affected.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee. View Post
SPL or HSPL is only need for flashing windows mobile roms and radios and has nothing to do with running android on the hd2. You could run android straight off the stock rom and radio if you wanted although calls and stability would be affected.
Oh okay cool got it, is there a way where I can just run root the phone and run a froyo rom like my g1 or does it have to piggyback with winmo? And if not do you know where I can get a different android rom because this one is super buggy even after I flashed a different winmo rom. Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts