Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Recently i threw out the Bitfenix Prodigy Optical Disk Drive Cage that is housed at the top of the case held in by 4 or 6 screws?
Does anyone know where i might find a replacement

I hope someone can help,

Thanks

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Hello GoingRogue26,

Hey, I think I might have one of those laying around
smile.gif
Which version of the Prodigy do you have (mITX/mATX)? I've only got one Prodigy on me, and it doesn't look like we have one in our parts store right now, but if I can make sure we're talking about the same part I'll just send you mine if that's okay!

For anyone else that may be looking for parts and the specific one isn't listed at the above link, you can just go to the main page of the parts store and open a support ticket to request a specific part. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my god you life saver!!! Sure i can send a photo
smile.gif
and its Mini-ITX.

I believe its called the ODD 5.25" Drive Cage? 4 screws on the side and 2 on the front?

Thanks again
smile.gif

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also i have just read profile and it says Bitfenix USA? Im saying this as I'm from the UK and i should of really stated this above?

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
That's ok! The Prodigy I've got sitting with me right now is the Prodigy M, I suppose you'll probably need the plastic rails for the HDD cage too? (Yep, I'm from the USA, but I've got no problem helping you guys out the best I can
smile.gif
I'll see if I can find a closer location for parts though, mine might take a bit to get over there.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't actually need the plastic rails on the bottom as i won't be using the extra hard drive cages and is the Prodigy M the same ODD cage as the ITX?.

Thank you so much for your help
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Oh no!
frown.gif
The Prodigy M and Prodigy ITX have slightly different 5.25 bays:

You could probably still mount a drive with the Prodigy M part, but I don't think it would be compatible with the HDD cage then
frown.gif
I know you said you aren't using the HDD cage right now, but I'd hate to deprive ya of the option
smile.gif
You'll probably have the best luck if you check out the main parts store link above and request that specific part (if you send them the same picture, or even direct them to this thread they should know exactly what you mean).

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
No problem! And hopefully you all don't mind if I hang out
smile.gif
I just started not too long ago, and I know timezones can make things a little interesting sometimes, but if I can't help from where I am I should at least be able to get you pointed in the right direction or get a hold of someone that can.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah thank you i raised a Ticket on the Bitfenix website so hopefully going to hear a response soon. Fingers crossed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts