1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,532 Posts
I don't know about that. I see a cheap power supply, a cheap Micro ATX motherboard (with the B150 chipset LOL), and a basic reference GTX 970. What about that AIO liquid cooler? What about the drives? The WiFi adapter? What about that keyboard and mouse? What about that case? What about EVERYTHING?

I think it's just another rip-off build from iBuyPower. Oh wait, excuse me, I got their name wrong! It's iBuyCrap.

I found the motherboard: http://us.msi.com/product/motherboard/B150M-PRO-D.html LOL

Let's see if I can find the rest of the junk they tossed into this tin can (the PSU is clearly marked, and most of us should know by now that this PSU kinda sucks, so I won't waste my time).

I found the memory. I guess I'm slightly impressed by this: http://www.adata.com/en/xpg-dram/feature/305

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can add each component out. Im sure the PSU is cheap no doubt as is the wireless. But thats most likely an evga 970. Even if you get rock bottom prices on the drives , cheapest ddr4 ram , cheap mobo how do you beat 1199.99? That is for sure 100% below their cost. I added up all the components (not including keyboard mouse wireless) and Im right around 1199.99 - 1250 or so.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloomstomb View Post

You can add each component out. Im sure the PSU is cheap no doubt as is the wireless. But thats most likely an evga 970. Even if you get rock bottom prices on the drives , cheapest ddr4 ram , cheap mobo how do you beat 1199.99? That is for sure 100% below their cost. I added up all the components (not including keyboard mouse wireless) and Im right around 1199.99 - 1250 or so.
No, it's an msi reference. It says "msi" right on the side. You can't miss it. Have you taken a close look at the photos yet? Everything in this computer is cheap generic crap. I can't find anything good about it. It's also a frickin' JOKE that they are putting an OVERCLOCKING CPU into this motherboard with that bottom-of-the line AIO cooler that's probably made by Cooler Master (judging from the fan).

I would bet that they buy these parts at very low prices because they get them in huge quantities.

Seriously, they're making a killing.

Edit: "droopy video card" LOL Yep!

Y'know who this computer is for? It's for suckers. It's for people who don't know anything. This is the kind of garbage you see on Craig's List. The sad thing is, people fall for this crap and they think it's AWESOME. They can't see what they're really looking at. What are we really looking a here? Overpriced garbage.

So the only people who are losing money are the people who are stupid enough to actually buy this piece of crap.

Well, at least the case is mostly ok. lol

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,532 Posts
Switch over to the reference MSI GTX 980 Ti and I'm forced to pick the 240 GB solid state drive. Guess what: now we have a SLIGHTLY better motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157637

Oooooo I'm so impressed! heh This is hilarious. Oh, let's not forget the BLACK CASE! Oooooo. I'm excited now.

At least the video card isn't droopy.

Whoa wait, I think I found the memory for the version of this computer that has the reference GTX 980 Ti in it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233752

Not bad I guess. Meh. I guess you could do worse.

Regardless, I would bet that they buy all of these parts in bulk and thus get extremely low per-part prices as a result, thereby enabling them to make huge profits while they laugh all the way to the bank at the suckers who are actually BUYING these computers.

It really breaks my heart that people fall for this crap. Some of them are actually giving this crap good reviews. Seriously? Come to OCN: we'll build you something that's much better for the same price or less.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, come up with something for the same price thats better lol. I tried and couldnt. Im including cost time to build though. I know its crap parts but even crap parts are going to be > 1150. My only point is that they are most certainly losing money on this build probably because they built too many (and the gtx 980 1499.99 build too). Most people can't build computers so I think for them, this would be absolutely perfect. Hell they don't need to overclock the 6700k anyway. (Not sure you can even OC with that motherboard lol) Why would they? Its not bottlenecking anything on this system.

The only thing I dont like about this build is the PSU and not sure about the dependability of the SSD thats running the OS.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

Switch over to the reference MSI GTX 980 Ti and I'm forced to pick the 240 GB solid state drive. Guess what: now we have a SLIGHTLY better motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157637

Oooooo I'm so impressed! heh This is hilarious. Oh, let's not forget the BLACK CASE! Oooooo. I'm excited now.

At least the video card isn't droopy.

Whoa wait, I think I found the memory for the version of this computer that has the reference GTX 980 Ti in it: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233752

Not bad I guess. Meh. I guess you could do worse.

Regardless, I would bet that they buy all of these parts in bulk and thus get extremely low per-part prices as a result, thereby enabling them to make huge profits while they laugh all the way to the bank at the suckers who are actually BUYING these computers.

It really breaks my heart that people fall for this crap. Some of them are actually giving this crap good reviews. Seriously? Come to OCN: we'll build you something that's much better for the same price or less.
Don't put too much credence in "Bulk prices" being far lower. Theyre not. Maybe 20 years ago before Newegg and all the other bulk online stores. Aside from that, they also have operational cost that we dont have to deal with. At the end of the day they should NOT be able to build and sell this system cheaper than you or I can. Which is why I think theyre losing on this. But hey what do I know.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,532 Posts
Sigh. I don't see this as being worth anyone's time. Seriously, are you trolling? Level with me. If you're trolling, then please tell me now because I seriously have other things to be doing.

·
Getting used to 'new'
5,126 Posts
If I pick up generic and low end units, I could probably do this build at around $900. But, they get Windows keys bulk, they make their own GPU so we can remove the mark up for profit, and I'm going with bulk crap HDDs. It's the HDD and PSUs that I have issues with when it comes to prebuilt computers. I have yet to see a prebuilt come with a drive that survives longer than a year.

EDIT: Go to sleep Jeff...

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcEsSalvation View Post

If I pick up generic and low end units, I could probably do this build at around $900. But, they get Windows keys bulk, they make their own GPU so we can remove the mark up for profit, and I'm going with bulk crap HDDs. It's the HDD and PSUs that I have issues with when it comes to prebuilt computers. I have yet to see a prebuilt come with a drive that survives longer than a year.
No, those are MSI reference video cards.

·
Getting used to 'new'
5,126 Posts
So for some reason, I thought this was a MSI rig... I should get to sleep.

Anyway, I made this build priced at $752 without CPU since it's not in stock or registering right now. I got a Z-series board, and a HDD that won't die in a year. Also, Got the 212 cooler since 120mm AIO are pretty much pointless. Similar price once you get everything, better quality, and you will get better performance out of it.

Despite having access to bulk stock and cheaper units, I can still make a very similar rig for cheaper. Actually, a slightly better rig. I'm not trying to make this an argument, but you get less than what you pay when it comes to prebuilts. That is the truth. This isn't really a deal. I mean, if you don't want to build your own rig, then this would do.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey guys. I am not trolling and I completely agree that this build is probably made from crap parts. I ordered one to look at. I will probably return it or resell it (shh). Will post the pix here of whats inside once I get it.

·
IT Profeshnul
2,294 Posts
Quote:

Hey guys. I am not trolling and I completely agree that this build is probably made from crap parts. I ordered one to look at. I will probably return it or resell it (shh). Will post the pix here of whats inside once I get it.
Hey, at least you get Battlefront free!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,532 Posts
Quote:

No, there's no "probably" about it. We already made that quite clear.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltElite View Post

^ You ordered that crap after the comments and suggestions! than you get whats coming.
He only ordered it to see it in person. If I could afford it, then I think I would have done the same thing. When you want to know, there's only one way to find out: buy it. You can always return it or sell it, just as he said he will do.

·
Registered
990 Posts
ohhh!!! I must have missed that part. Nothing like buying crap hardware to verify their not? Good luck op. Keep us posted if it turns out otherwise..

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltElite View Post

ohhh!!! I must have missed that part. Nothing like buying crap hardware to verify their not? Good luck op. Keep us posted if it turns out otherwise..
bloomstomb seems like the kind of guy who just needs to see for himself and is blessed with having enough money that he can buy this just to look at it in person. Some people just can't be told something; they have to see it for themselves in person.

·
Registered
5,382 Posts
Quote:

Could probably easily sell it for $1500

1 - 20 of 37 Posts