Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just tried a Dex after using QCK Prism hard pad side for awhile. I definitely dig it. Maybe I need to play more with it but I see pros and cons. Pros is for smaller target shooting it's better than a hard pad if my aim is on it sticks on it. The only issue is sometimes it sticks too much, if I'm off target a tiny bit moving it feels like I have to almost unstick it.

What's something similar to a Dex but maybe a bit less sticky let's say? I haven't used cloth in years after switching to a G440. I read the Dex was one of the faster cloth/hybrid pads out there. Is there something even a bit smoother that's not a hard pad?

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Asus ROG Scabbard, Artisan Raiden, Artisan Hayate Kou (mid thickness is the least sticky feeling). Artisan FX series have stitched edges and are very comfy.

the first 2 feel a bit like hardpads but are soft and nice (Raiden and Scabbard). but the Scabbard is 900mm x 400mm so you'd have to be OK with a deskpad. it's not as soft and comfy as the Artisans though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
QPAD FX50.
Doing pixel perfect micro adjustments on this pad is so easy, the initial friction is very low for cloth. Feels super slick and smooth, very fine threading.

One of few pads that I actually notice myself playing better on, at 50cm x 42cm in size you won't be lacking space either, they do smaller versions too if you aren't a super low sens player.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
QPAD FX50.
Doing pixel perfect micro adjustments on this pad is so easy, the initial friction is very low for cloth. Feels super slick and smooth, very fine threading.

One of few pads that I actually notice myself playing better on, at 50cm x 42cm in size you won't be lacking space either, they do smaller versions too if you aren't a super low sens player.
How does this compare to GTF-X?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Asus ROG Scabbard, Artisan Raiden, Artisan Hayate Kou (mid thickness is the least sticky feeling). Artisan FX series have stitched edges and are very comfy.

the first 2 feel a bit like hardpads but are soft and nice (Raiden and Scabbard). but the Scabbard is 900mm x 400mm so you'd have to be OK with a deskpad. it's not as soft and comfy as the Artisans though.
Thanks. I ordered the Asus scabbard for now.

I need something around 320mmx270mm because it needs to fit in my Steelseeries QCK Prism Base. It's all the space I need. Any mousepad that doesn't fit can always be cut down to size though. Even the Dex needed a couple mm shaved off to fit.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I got the regular sized scabbard and man it is great. It's as if my Dex and Prism Hard Pad had a baby. A bit slower than the hardpad, with some cloth precision but not as slow and sticky as the Dex.

Thanks! I'll probably still try the artisan some day soon anyway and report back.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
hmm, regular sized scabbard? I only know of the 900x400mm one. are there other sizes than this one?

glad you like it though, it is a great pad that is close to inbetween hard pad and cloth pad to me.

·
Registered
703 Posts
How is the glide compared to the G/P-TFX?

Desk pads make me curious but I've don't see the added benefit of the size. If I was going to try one, I'd like it to be similar to the TF-X.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
How is the glide compared to the G/P-TFX?

Desk pads make me curious but I've don't see the added benefit of the size. If I was going to try one, I'd like it to be similar to the TF-X.
on my setup, it's faster but a lot smoother in texture- I find it comfier, although it is less squishy than the G-TFX, but it's not like a hard pad in terms of hardness.
you might find it more difficult to control than the G-TFX because of the speed.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm, regular sized scabbard? I only know of the 900x400mm one. are there other sizes than this one?

glad you like it though, it is a great pad that is close to inbetween hard pad and cloth pad to me.
you are right. when you search for the scabbard on amazon they have size options. so i ordered the smaller one. turns out what i got shipped was the Asus WHETSTONE pad.

so the Whetstone is the tits, I can't speak for the Scabbard apparently

·
Registered
127 Posts

I bought a Scabbard based on your recommendation and it's a really good pad. The right hand side is a bit rolled though and is taking forever to go flat. Did you do the 'counter roll' thing? The packaging specifically states to not do so :\ .

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
How’s the scabbard compare to a Talent? Looking to replace my Talent for something else
harder, faster, stronger - not as squishy and soft as the Talent, and much much faster glide :p
don't think it's a very good direct replacement. it's very different, opposite end of cloth pad spectrum.

I bought a Scabbard based on your recommendation and it's a really good pad. The right hand side is a bit rolled though and is taking forever to go flat. Did you do the 'counter roll' thing? The packaging specifically states to not do so :\ .
I did not, I actually put a folded towel underneath the very end where it was a bit curled, and then placed a bunch of books on top of it, right next to where the towel was placed. it's not perfectly flat, still has a bit of a curve/lift to it, but it doesn't scratch horribly like it did when it was new and too curled.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts