Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching a video and it made sense, most games are made for amd hardware on console, and soon as
multiple core gpus hit console, games made for console will run terribly on nvidia hardware.

The DX12 benches seems to show that multi core gpu is going to happen soon.

Do you think this is the turning point? Is it endless compatibility patches for nvidia owners
just on the horizon?

It seems amd has played the long game and will benefit from their patience.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Game works will do its magic

·
Overclocker
3,761 Posts
If nextgen consoles are multi gpu/cpu based then yeah it's going to present a major problem. If anything the day is coming where you get PC like graphics in nextgen console.

Hey CuriousNapper why didnt you link the video?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast View Post

If nextgen consoles are multi gpu/cpu based then yeah it's going to present a major problem. If anything the day is coming where you get PC like graphics in nextgen console.

Hey CuriousNapper why didnt you link the video?
Looking for this one?
biggrin.gif

·
Overclocker
3,761 Posts
It's going be interesting to see how things develop to say the least. Since AMD has 100% of the console market which then dictates which games the PC market gets is no surprise really.
What I don't understand is the lack pf acknowledgement of that fact. Also, the writing on the wall. One could ignore it, disavow it, not understand it but it's perplexing as to why some claim there is no writing at all. Viewing it as wall design or something, lol.

·
Registered
373 Posts
No need to, I'll just sell it and get something that will actually work or stick it in my old gaming rig... Yea, your crossfire works, in specific games that support it. and any given percentage of performance gain is a guess...

·
Premium Member
20,153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danjal View Post

No need to, I'll just sell it and get something that will actually work or stick it in my old gaming rig... Yea, your crossfire works, in specific games that support it. and any given percentage of performance gain is a guess...
wut existing gpus you have that do not work in crossfire? True, if you like the play the latest games as soon as they come out, then you are sol.

The thing is, some will install the driver and jump right into a game. Never testing the cards first if they work as designed. Simple test like Heaven benchmark will be a good gauge if the driver/crossfire works. The clocks should be full tilt when loads. Both clocks. Straight as they can be.

Then you have the issue of cpu unable to feed the gpus when needed.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1587616/i5-4690k-100-usage-gaming-temps-fine-windows-10

See my core clocks . . .

That's how they should be. If not, don't even game.

·
Missing friends
15,996 Posts
Shh . How dare you use fact to pop the fanboi bubble!

·
Registered
373 Posts
fanboi? I guess i would qualify as an amd fanboi.. because I havent bought an nvidia gpu since a 680. ati/amd gpus i currently own, hd3850, hd4850, hd6850, two MSI r9-290 and a disappointing Sapphire Nitro Fury.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts